Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Zoea
    • By Zoea 6th Dec 17, 6:37 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Zoea
    Any feedback on Ayondo spread betting social platform?
    • 6th Dec 17, 6:37 PM
    Any feedback on Ayondo spread betting social platform? 6th Dec 17 at 6:37 PM
    Hi everyone

Ayondo advertise on Bloomberg TV and I believe I saw a short segment on them months ago, probably on the BBC or Bloomberg. I won't go into detail but the idea is you choose some traders to follow and then invest and the platform does their trades with your money and you keep the profits. So it's like being a successful trader without actually having to do trading (as far as I can tell).

I am thinking of using this platform. The markets have been good this year but some of the traders have done VERY well, like 140% well. Not all of course. Most are over 60% in the top 20.

Anyone have any lived experience with Ayondo? Their trustpilot doesn't look good. But there's only 2 reviews.

Thanks
    N
Page 1
    • BananaRepublic
    • By BananaRepublic 6th Dec 17, 7:09 PM
    • 932 Posts
    • 676 Thanks
    BananaRepublic
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:09 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:09 PM
    When I see claims of 60% per year the first thought that comes into my mind is scam. The second thought is scam. And the third one. Spot the pattern?
    • martinthebandit
    • By martinthebandit 6th Dec 17, 7:13 PM
    • 3,318 Posts
    • 5,624 Thanks
    martinthebandit
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:13 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:13 PM
    I wonder why it sounds to good to be true?
    Politics -
    from the words Poli, meaning many
    and tics meaning blood sucking parasites

(thanks to Kinky Friedman (or Larry Hardman) for the quote}
    • Zoea
    • By Zoea 7th Dec 17, 4:01 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Zoea
    • 7th Dec 17, 4:01 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 4:01 AM
    I have asked on Reddit so if anyone sees this in the future they can find more information there too.

I do not believe it is a scam but it seems a bit shady judging by the trustpilot comments. Please read them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UKPersonalFinance/comments/7i3kj8/savings_any_feedback_on_ayondo_spread_betting/

Kind regards
    Last edited by Zoea; 07-12-2017 at 4:27 AM.
    • IanSt
    • By IanSt 7th Dec 17, 11:02 AM
    • 153 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    IanSt
    • 7th Dec 17, 11:02 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 11:02 AM
    I do not believe it is a scam but it seems a bit shady judging by the trustpilot comments. Please read them.
    Originally posted by Zoea
    Although in my opinion you can't trust anything that's put on trustpilot, I'd certainly be more inclined to believe the three 1 star reviews that are currently on trustpilot then any marketing story that Ayondo push out.

I certainly wouldn't be putting any of my cash in them.
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 7th Dec 17, 11:26 AM
    • 3,460 Posts
    • 5,299 Thanks
    Malthusian
    • 7th Dec 17, 11:26 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 11:26 AM
    It's not a scam. If someone says to you "Hi, would you like to give me some money? You might lose all of it or you might get more back" and then you lose all of your money, that's not a scam.

It is however purely gambling and on average you will lose your shirt. If the supposedly successful traders on these platforms had a track record of day-trading shares that was long enough to be actually meaningful, they would be managing hedge funds and earning millions of pounds a year.
    • Zoea
    • By Zoea 8th Dec 17, 12:46 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Zoea
    • 8th Dec 17, 12:46 PM
    • 8th Dec 17, 12:46 PM
    Malthusian "and on average you will lose your shirt"

hmm ok!
    what about this then?

"I understand CFD and spread betting are high risk but the best traders are winning around 85% of their trades and up about 80-90% of months."
    • coyrls
    • By coyrls 9th Dec 17, 2:19 PM
    • 922 Posts
    • 967 Thanks
    coyrls
    • 9th Dec 17, 2:19 PM
    • 9th Dec 17, 2:19 PM
    Malthusian "and on average you will lose your shirt"

hmm ok!
    what about this then?

"I understand CFD and spread betting are high risk but the best traders are winning around 85% of their trades and up about 80-90% of months."
    What about it? Putting quotation marks around a statement doesn't make it true.
    • greenglide
    • By greenglide 9th Dec 17, 2:37 PM
    • 2,920 Posts
    • 1,894 Thanks
    greenglide
    • 9th Dec 17, 2:37 PM
    • 9th Dec 17, 2:37 PM
    No it doesn't, until you tweet it in capitals.

So the idiot Trump thinks anyway!
    • Zoea
    • By Zoea 9th Dec 17, 5:39 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Zoea
    Ok that's below the belt surely. It's my statement. It's backed by my research. I don't see how you can't just check it yourself.

Anyway I'm decided personally. *"
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 9th Dec 17, 5:47 PM
    • 89,926 Posts
    • 56,599 Thanks
    dunstonh
    I suspect you already had before you posted on this site.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • coyrls
    • By coyrls 9th Dec 17, 6:26 PM
    • 922 Posts
    • 967 Thanks
    coyrls
    Ok that's below the belt surely. It's my statement. It's backed by my research. I don't see how you can't just check it yourself.

OK, I've checked it myself and it's not true.
    • Zoea
    • By Zoea 10th Dec 17, 5:28 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Zoea
    Ok. Thanks. I'll look again.
    I haven't invested yet.
    I hadn't made up my mind before this post (really!).
    I'll look again tonight and tomorrow and take a day to see what the deal really is.
    I am not prepared to write this one off. It's got too much potential.
    • Zoea
    • By Zoea 10th Dec 17, 5:35 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Zoea
    OK, I've checked it myself and it's not true.
    Originally posted by coyrls
    I'm going to take some time to show my quick bit of research to back up the initial impression I was trying to give in the previous quote. I hope no-one takes offence. I understand this is not the kind of thing most veteran experienced posters would suggest, endorse or partake in. Just humour this post

This is as much for me as for the sake of posting for yourselve.

EdleMetalle
    Winning trades
    92.56%
    Winning months
    72.00%

Smartietrader
    Winning trades
    90.03%
    Winning months
    65.22%

barbara [WARNING: Newbie!]
    Winning trades
    93.86%
    Winning months
    88.89%

Positiv
    Winning trades
    98.10%
    Winning months
    81.82%

Janhe
    Winning trades
    97.85%
    Winning months
    78.26%

Ok so my quote looks exuberant now, but I think it's safe to say it's in the ballpark? At least with the best traders?

Also I would like to just point out that the sort for following traders on wetrade.ayondo.com seems to be broken now. It was working before maintenance today.
    Ok take care
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 10th Dec 17, 5:44 PM
    • 31,946 Posts
    • 37,677 Thanks
    Browntoa
    I wondering what spread betting has to do with Savings and investment

It's gambling
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 11th Dec 17, 11:43 AM
    • 3,460 Posts
    • 5,299 Thanks
    Malthusian
    I'm going to take some time to show my quick bit of research to back up the initial impression I was trying to give in the previous quote.
    All past performance. All irrelevant. In the future, any investor who copies their trades can expect to lose money.

If I get a thousand rats and put a button in their cages wired up to a stockmarket ticker, and buy or sell the share on display when the rat pushes the button, then at the end of the month some of the rats will have made a profit, some broken even and some made a loss. I can take the 1,000 share portfolios randomly selected by these rats and rank them in order of how many of their trades made a profit.

What you are saying is that you are going to invest to your money with my top 5 rats because clearly they're geniuses at share trading.

The reality is that next month the top 5 rats will be less lucky. Maybe they will do well again, maybe they will only break even or maybe they will make a loss. It is random, and due to the cost of trading, on average you will lose money.

However, at the end of the month I will rank all the rats' portfolios again and advertise the terrific results achieved by the new top 5, and there will be more suckers along who will invest their money with the top 5 rats, not knowing that over half the people who did that last month lost money. Rinse and repeat.
    • jimjames
    • By jimjames 11th Dec 17, 12:27 PM
    • 12,239 Posts
    • 10,776 Thanks
    jimjames

Ok so my quote looks exuberant now, but I think it's safe to say it's in the ballpark? At least with the best traders?
    How do you know if any of those numbers are true? I could say I've made 100% return on my portfolio this year and you'll have no idea if I'm right or not.

How is best defined? Their house trader who rakes all the profit?
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,248Posts Today

6,093Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin