Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • paulalde
    • By paulalde 6th Dec 17, 5:51 PM
    • 36Posts
    • 2Thanks
    paulalde
    Reduced depth gas hob help please!
    • 6th Dec 17, 5:51 PM
    Reduced depth gas hob help please! 6th Dec 17 at 5:51 PM
    Evening,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a reduced depth built in gas hob that would be suitable for a 105cm x 48cm space? The space is inside a chimney breast so the back and either side will be tiled with nothing combustable close.

I've searched and searched and I'm close to conceding that such a thing doesn't exist due to the reduced depth. I've found 1 or 2 that are just to wide which is a shame.

I could really do with using this space if possible to free up worktop space elsewhere in my small kitchen.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Page 1
    • paulalde
    • By paulalde 6th Dec 17, 6:05 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    paulalde
    • 6th Dec 17, 6:05 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 6:05 PM
    I should have mentioned I'm looking for a 4 burner but fire any 3 burner options over.

Cheers
    • vansboy
    • By vansboy 6th Dec 17, 6:18 PM
    • 6,090 Posts
    • 4,332 Thanks
    vansboy
    • 6th Dec 17, 6:18 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 6:18 PM
    The plumbers/gas engineer moneysavers will tell you that gas hobs are all pretty much similar, whatever the brand and CDA are one of the makes which could appear under a dozen different 'known' brands.

THIS ONE

VB
    Last edited by vansboy; 06-12-2017 at 9:31 PM.
    • paulalde
    • By paulalde 6th Dec 17, 7:22 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    paulalde
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:22 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:22 PM
    Thanks Vansboy, the link is dead, would you mind sending it again or telling me the model possibly? Cheers
    • Doozergirl
    • By Doozergirl 6th Dec 17, 7:33 PM
    • 24,085 Posts
    • 66,698 Thanks
    Doozergirl
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:33 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:33 PM
    Aw, we had an Ikea one for six years that was three burner. I came down from five and am a big cook. An investement in a big pot with a stack of steamers above was a brilliant choice, not only because it reduces that gas usage -it improves flavour and that many rings genuinely aren’t needed at one time.

One ring started playing up and we were replacing the worktop with a lovely one so I made the decision to replace it woth something ‘normal’ simply because itnwould die eventually and the space would be difficult to refill in the long term (we’ll be letting the house out from next year).

Maybe not that helpful to you, but when we move, this is what we’re having. I didn’t pay as much. It does fit your space. https://markselectrical.co.uk/KM6381_Miele-Induction-Hob.html
    Last edited by Doozergirl; 06-12-2017 at 7:37 PM.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
    • Doozergirl
    • By Doozergirl 6th Dec 17, 7:40 PM
    • 24,085 Posts
    • 66,698 Thanks
    Doozergirl
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:40 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:40 PM
    This one looks like a positive bargain now and I love Fisher & Paykel.

https://markselectrical.co.uk/85354_Fisher-%26-Paykel-3-Burner-Gas-Hob.html

I feed a husband and two teenagers. It can easily be done on a three burner.
    • Doozergirl
    • By Doozergirl 6th Dec 17, 7:44 PM
    • 24,085 Posts
    • 66,698 Thanks
    Doozergirl
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:44 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:44 PM
    Iíve been drinking champagne. Apologies for many posts

You know itís not unusual to pull the unit out from the others when itís inside a chimney breast.

It doesnít look unusual to have a big hob unit set forward by 10 or 15cms. That will accommodate a more traditional hob for you and cost less with a couple of bits of kickboard as side panels.

Should come up as the past few examples I put on my pinterest board: https://pin.it/4sw6hiicq42v3r
    Last edited by Doozergirl; 06-12-2017 at 7:49 PM.
    • vansboy
    • By vansboy 6th Dec 17, 9:33 PM
    • 6,090 Posts
    • 4,332 Thanks
    vansboy
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:33 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:33 PM
    Thanks Vansboy, the link is dead, would you mind sending it again or telling me the model possibly? Cheers
    Originally posted by paulalde
    Link fixed...and I haven't been drinking champagne,as Doozergirl has done!!

VB
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,720Posts Today

5,970Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin