Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 6th Dec 17, 4:58 PM
    • 49Posts
    • 6Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Outfox the Market
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:58 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Outfox the Market 6th Dec 17 at 4:58 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Outfox the Market

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
Page 3
    • boliston
    • By boliston 8th Feb 18, 9:26 PM
    • 2,539 Posts
    • 2,112 Thanks
    boliston
    just had my first monthly invoice and it all seems to add up as expected using the agreed rates of 10.72p/unit electric 3.28p/unit gas and 8.99 membership fee - I live in one of the uk's most expensive areas (22) for electric hence the high unit rate compared with their 9.029p/unit headline rate for the cheapest midland region - there is a small debit balance of a few pounds but that would be expected as the dd rate is based on an annualised spend including the cheaper summer months - i submitted my monthly meter reads 2 days ago
    • Doc 007
    • By Doc 007 13th Feb 18, 3:20 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Doc 007
    OK experience
    I started the switch to Outfox on the 21st January and completed the switch on the 11th February.
    Outfox emailed me frequently during the process with updates.
    Everything has gone smoothly so far.
    Inputting my opening meter readings was simple .
    I expect that imputing my ongoing monthly readings will go just as smoothly - time will tell.
    • UKSBD
    • By UKSBD 16th Feb 18, 1:17 PM
    • 485 Posts
    • 153 Thanks
    UKSBD
    Why do these companies appear to hide who they are?

The website is identity protected

There is no mention of Foxglove, Fischer or Bastian anywhere.

They appear to change accounts periods.

Some of the companies are listed as Dormant

Why would a company that you need to trust do things like this?
    • Pmarmalade
    • By Pmarmalade 19th Feb 18, 2:18 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 130 Thanks
    Pmarmalade
    I've read through every comment and I'm still none the wiser!

It looks like the fix offered through CEC is now 18 months - not on its own a bad thing - but now with a higher exit fee of £100, making it expensive to get out of if it does go sour with no recourse.

At the moment I feel like the best choice might be to go onto their variable tariff with CEC email alerts to let me know if/when someone else goes cheaper or their price increases above others.
    • andyca
    • By andyca 19th Feb 18, 2:22 PM
    • 126 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    andyca
    I've gone for the variable, it's still the cheapest on the whole market for me... I'll be first to post here if the price goes up so just stay subscribed to this thread

But they will have to give you enough notice to switch before any price increases, there really is no downside to the variable tariff as far as I can tell.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,254Posts Today

7,921Users online

Martin's Twitter