Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 6th Dec 17, 4:58 PM
    • 45Posts
    • 4Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Outfox the Market
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:58 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Outfox the Market 6th Dec 17 at 4:58 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Outfox the Market

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
Page 1
    • Britlion
    • By Britlion 12th Dec 17, 8:38 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Britlion
    • 12th Dec 17, 8:38 PM
    • 12th Dec 17, 8:38 PM
    Energy club is recommending them as the top saving (with the caveat that they are new, so no feedback). I tried the website in two browsers (one of them edge with no plugins, just to be sure). Got through the whole quote process, with a very buggy slow website and ended up with a quote page that says "Your Energy Hero Tariff is Monthly £ Annually £ - This quoted figure includes the monthly membership fee. This quote is based on electricity only".

Several things wrong with that. Firstly I'd asked for dual fuel.

Secondly, in case you missed it, there wasn't actually a quote. Just a pound symbol. Unless they are saying it's free, in which case, it's a stonking deal, and they'll go out of business.

I think they are having technology difficulties - which is pretty unforgiveable for a company that depends on the website and doesn't look like they are keen for someone to call them.

Clicking on "Web chat" gets nowhere. It's not even a clickable link, on a page that says they encourage people to use webchat. Well done.

On the whole, if they are this disorganised in selling to new customers, one can only imagine with trepidation how bad they might be for customers trying to contact them with a problem. Poor show. I'll probably avoid.
    Last edited by Britlion; Yesterday at 8:42 PM. Reason: Typo
    • Flobalob
    • By Flobalob 13th Dec 17, 10:39 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Flobalob
    • 13th Dec 17, 10:39 AM
    • 13th Dec 17, 10:39 AM
    I know everyone’s experience is different but so far I’ve no issues with this company.

I agree the website could be improved, however I got my quote with no issues, my only issue I have is that my gas & electric fall under different postcodes (nothing to do with outfox the market) so with quote in hand I called the number on the website.
    Call was answered straight away no holding which was excellent, Abdul was really helpful and friendly, he managed to find both my meters without difficulty he gave me another quote which was the same as the website, I agreed to switch he took all the details and everything concluded efficiently.

I contacted them the day after via web chat, just to make sure everything is going to plan due to my meters having different postcodes, chat was more or less instant with Richard, no long waits, he looked into everything and put my mind at rest.

I know this is a new company and I do expect teething problems, looking on trust pilot they reply to reviews and take onboard all feedback and make changes where they can, they also apologise for the few mistakes made and contact the person directly to follow up. I’ve never had that kind of support from any supplier.

It’s early days yet and will follow up if anything does go badly wrong. But so far so good
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 13th Dec 17, 2:10 PM
    • 477 Posts
    • 246 Thanks
    Raxiel
    • 13th Dec 17, 2:10 PM
    • 13th Dec 17, 2:10 PM
    The tariff they offer is good, but they won't combine day & night readings from an E7 meter (or charge both registers at the same rate). In fact, they won't accept E7 meters at all.

Apparently an E7 meter tariff is coming later.

I discovered this after realising their tariff on USwitch had 0 standing charge on the gas, which seemed like a mistake, so I went to their site to get the figures 'from the foxes mouth' so to speak, and they told me to go away.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,533Posts Today

8,200Users online

Martin's Twitter