Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • harrys dad
    • By harrys dad 6th Dec 17, 4:36 PM
    • 1,846Posts
    • 2,078Thanks
    harrys dad
    Parking Eye Appeal Form Query
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:36 PM
    Parking Eye Appeal Form Query 6th Dec 17 at 4:36 PM
    Thank you busy people, and apologies for starting a new thread before POPLA appeal stage.

I have read the sticky for BPA member appeal, cut and pasted the recommended text into the online Parking Eye appeal template, but it would not let me submit the appeal without ticking the two boxes related to "submitting all evidence" and "I have read the privacy statement". I also am concerned on whether to leave the reason as "other" or tick the "I paid" box.

There is evidence that the driver paid (albeit allegedly the wrong amount) and a photo of their signage, but I believe I am supposed to save these arguments for the POPLA appeal stage. if I tick the submitted all evidence box it says I understand I cannot produce further evidence later.

I have searched for the specific car park to see if there are other threads, but searching for "Parking Eye Corporation Street Preston" gives the large car park by the retail park and not the little one the driver was parked on (having mistaken it for the council one round the corner).

The date of the "offence" was 21st November, and the date of the issue of notice 28th November, so I have a couple of weeks yet before needing to submit the appeal.

Shall I just post it?

I have read this board for a couple of years now and realise how supportive but busy the regulars are. Apologies if I could have found the answer to these questions in the sticky and was unable to.
    Last edited by harrys dad; 06-12-2017 at 6:28 PM. Reason: edited to anonymise the driver
Page 1
    • Edna Basher
    • By Edna Basher 6th Dec 17, 4:52 PM
    • 611 Posts
    • 1,574 Thanks
    Edna Basher
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:52 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:52 PM
    The Blue Template in the Newbies Sticky thread is carefully worded so as to give no clues as to the driver's identity.

ParkingEye would very much like to find out who was driving because this increases their chance of winning. That is why they set out a trail of booby traps to catch out the unwitting "appellant" - including the "I paid" drop down box.

You have correctly spotted this particular booby trap - you just need to select the "Other" box for the reason for your "appeal".

You must also make sure that you select the "Registered Keeper" option (or "Hirer / Lessee if appropriate) and not the "Driver".
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 6th Dec 17, 4:53 PM
    • 4,800 Posts
    • 3,166 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:53 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:53 PM
    Yes, just send it - using the online appeal facility and ticking the "other" box .

That 'you can't submit more evidence later' statement does not apply to a subsequent PoPLA appeal.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,677Posts Today

7,134Users online

Martin's Twitter