Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zmr1
    • By zmr1 6th Dec 17, 4:10 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 9Thanks
    zmr1
    Private charge for parking non electric vehicle in EV bay
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:10 PM
    Private charge for parking non electric vehicle in EV bay 6th Dec 17 at 4:10 PM
    Hi all,

EV bay with a ICE vehicle, however at the time, there was an abundant amount of EV bays available and it was a weekday evening so it wasn't going to get busy all of a sudden, in addition this EV bay was one further away and there were others dotted around the car park.

Situation:
    ICE vehicle parked in EV bay in Asda car park (which doubles as cinema car park) e-receipt confirming cinema ticket. Letter through from MET Parking, no window sticker was issued.

Shall I just send the templated response highlighted in the newbies thread:
    Template appeal for BPA members

Thanks.
    Last edited by zmr1; 06-12-2017 at 10:24 PM.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Dec 17, 4:14 PM
    • 16,902 Posts
    • 21,012 Thanks
    Redx
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:14 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:14 PM
    yes , just send the blue text template and a copy of the cinema ticket

appeal as KEEPER, no inferring who was driving
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 6th Dec 17, 4:16 PM
    • 33,509 Posts
    • 17,390 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:16 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:16 PM
    Yes follow newbies faq advice on appealing

You are advised throughout never to reveal who was driving.

You need to edit your post to remove those details.

The PPC can identify you from the unique info in the photos (eg times!)

The ppcs monitor here and can use your posts against you
    • zmr1
    • By zmr1 6th Dec 17, 4:29 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    zmr1
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:29 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:29 PM
    Thank you both for the quick reply. I will appeal with the blue text for BPA members in newbie thread !
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 6th Dec 17, 4:41 PM
    • 4,747 Posts
    • 3,089 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:41 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:41 PM
    Zmr1, as suggested by Quentin, you would be wise to blank out the times from those photos. And the time from the NtK.
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 6th Dec 17, 4:59 PM
    • 26,226 Posts
    • 33,286 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:59 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:59 PM
    It'd be interesting to see any info on their signs about electric bays. Do they say no parking there?
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 6th Dec 17, 5:14 PM
    • 10,253 Posts
    • 9,386 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 6th Dec 17, 5:14 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 5:14 PM
    Normally I am happy to help as my post count shows. However, as my wife has ordered an electric car and I observe the electric bays in Milton Keynes being hogged by normal cars and just wonder if these drivers consider what someone who needs an electric recharge to get back home again is to do, then I will simply comment on this thread rather than offer help.

Yes, self interest I agree.
    • zmr1
    • By zmr1 6th Dec 17, 10:26 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    zmr1
    • 6th Dec 17, 10:26 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 10:26 PM
    Thanks for the advice have removed the photos due to the sensitive information.

@guys dad, fair enough you’ve helped me in the past so I’ll let you off this time haha! But in this situation there was more EV bays than normal bays!
    • zmr1
    • By zmr1 6th Dec 17, 10:29 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    zmr1
    • 6th Dec 17, 10:29 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 10:29 PM
    I’ll go and take a look actually, im guessing this would support the case if I provided the signage (if it turns out it is ambiguous about the EV bays)

What’s MET parkings Reputation like? It’s a bit of a “how long is a piece of string” question, but what you reckon likelihood of cancellation following the templates BPA letter?
    • Ryandavis1959
    • By Ryandavis1959 6th Dec 17, 10:36 PM
    • 170 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    Ryandavis1959
    This is a new one, I don’t think we have seen an electric car PCN on our Facebook support group.

Personally I will be treating abuse of these bays the same as people who abuse disabled bays and parent and child bays. Genuine users need these spaces, and just because the car park is busy doesn’t mean you should park in them.

Hopefully you wont do it again after reading Guys Dads brave post (it is difficult for anyone on here to speak out against the majority, otherwise you are accused of working for a parking firm).
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Dec 17, 10:50 PM
    • 15,906 Posts
    • 24,666 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    what you reckon likelihood of cancellation following the templates BPA letter?
    Absolutely none whatsoever. But if you’ve thoroughly read the sticky you should know that. The initial appeal, and its inevitable rejection, is merely a pathway to POPLA.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • zmr1
    • By zmr1 7th Dec 17, 9:43 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    zmr1
    Sent an email to the manager at Asda and Cineworld who share the car park to see if they can intervene and cancel the charge.
    • happybagger
    • By happybagger 7th Dec 17, 12:11 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    happybagger
    Normally I am happy to help as my post count shows. However, as my wife has ordered an electric car and I observe the electric bays in Milton Keynes being hogged by normal cars and just wonder if these drivers consider what someone who needs an electric recharge to get back home again is to do, then I will simply comment on this thread rather than offer help.
    Originally posted by Guys Dad
    From what I saw in the pics there was no charging point, just spaces allocated to EVs. This may not be the case but it's certainly what I thought.

Personally apart from disabled badge holder bays I see no reason for other bays ( including parent and child bays ). People don't choose to have a disability. But it's their choice to have kids, ir an EV.

Can I request single-bloke-no-kids bays please, I find it infuriating trying to have to park with the chavs and pensioners :rotfl:
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 7th Dec 17, 1:09 PM
    • 26,226 Posts
    • 33,286 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    In that case I want pensioners only, no single blokes as well. Or no Mercs and Beamers.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
    • StaffsSW
    • By StaffsSW 7th Dec 17, 1:11 PM
    • 5,383 Posts
    • 5,423 Thanks
    StaffsSW
    I also drive an electric vehicle, (huge BIK tax benefits) and I have blocked in an ICE vehicle that is in one of the spaces while mine charges up.
    It's fairly easy to find a petrol station to refuel a conventionally powered vehicle, but not as easy to find a free chargepoint to refuel mine.

Can I request single-bloke-no-kids bays please, I find it infuriating trying to have to park with the chavs and pensioners :rotfl:
    Originally posted by happybagger
    Sure, every other space, ideally at the very back away from the door dingers and pirouetting trolley pushers. That's where I usually park my weekend toy when it's out.
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 7th Dec 17, 5:06 PM
    • 10,253 Posts
    • 9,386 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    Personally apart from disabled badge holder bays I see no reason for other bays ( including parent and child bays ). People don't choose to have a disability. But it's their choice to have kids, ir an EV.
    Originally posted by happybagger
    Let me say I am no tree hugger and I have no personal desire to have a car that won't get me more than 170 miles before having to stop for 40 minutes or more. Mrs GD wants to do her bit for the environment etc and so it seems does the government, EU and all those in authority. I admit to having less social conscience.

Also, Mrs GD has worked out that if she charges it at home, it's cheaper than fuel. OF COURSE IT IS! I PAY THE ****** ELECTRIC BILL !!!!!

But to put the domestic GD personal issues to one side, the use of electric cars is on the increase and no everyone can have a charger at home. If you live in the city centre in an apartment, a public charge point becomes essential.

People who commute from a distance may need a top up during the day in order to get home. There is a difference between having a fixed place of employment and a choice of where you shop. If Sainsbury, say, has no child parking spaces available or even disabled, then the driver can choose to go to TESCO, for example. Not the same choice for a city worker who has to park in the same area every day and may rely on EV charging.

To leave an EV driver potentially stranded is not very collegiate and as the use grows, I can see more threads like this arising.

As a final point, if anyone strands Mrs GD in town, can they please make it on a Wednesday evening as that's when my old mates come round for a beer and chat. Thanks.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 7th Dec 17, 5:12 PM
    • 16,902 Posts
    • 21,012 Thanks
    Redx
    I saw the pics and still cannot get my head around why anyone with an ICE vehicle would park in a bay with so many prohibition signs showing its a bay for EVL vehicles only

if I remember correctly, by 2040 all new vehicles will be electric and so as GD says above we will see much more of this , plus parking companies love to find ways of prohibiting something in order to entrap people and make more profit

so ignoring the obvious , the OP should be complaining to that landowner and getting it cancelled, appealing as and when necessary and going through the motions to try to avoid hassle for 6 years
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

120Posts Today

3,045Users online

Martin's Twitter