Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • axel132132
    • By axel132132 6th Dec 17, 3:56 PM
    • 72Posts
    • 6Thanks
    axel132132
    Stamp duty
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:56 PM
    Stamp duty 6th Dec 17 at 3:56 PM
    Hi,

I have read under the new budget that the stamp duty is abolished up to 300k for first time buyer

My question is i have a property to sell and my gf is a first time buyer. Therefore i am not but she is

I cant find anything on google to say wether because she is a first time buyer that we can avoid stamp duty costs

Does anyone know or has anyone any experience or loopholes etc

Thanks alot
Page 1
    • YHM
    • By YHM 6th Dec 17, 4:00 PM
    • 299 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    YHM
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:00 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:00 PM
    Both parties to the new property ownership need to be first time buyers.
    I am a Mortgage Broker.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice
    • axel132132
    • By axel132132 6th Dec 17, 4:10 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    axel132132
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:10 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:10 PM
    Damn thought as much, thanks for the fast reply.

Is there any loopholes or anything to get out of it, can the stamp duty be added onto tje mortgage

We are looking at a new build from harron homes, havent sat down to do any deals yet but trying figure everything out first so sound like i know what am on about ha cheers
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 6th Dec 17, 4:43 PM
    • 32,359 Posts
    • 17,367 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:43 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:43 PM
    You would need to reduce your deposit, you can't add SDLT to the mortgage, as such.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • YHM
    • By YHM 6th Dec 17, 5:59 PM
    • 299 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    YHM
    • 6th Dec 17, 5:59 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 5:59 PM
    Cant be added, but new build developers like to incentivise prospective purchasers, so see what they will do about the SDLT....
    I am a Mortgage Broker.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 6th Dec 17, 6:14 PM
    • 56,181 Posts
    • 49,566 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 6th Dec 17, 6:14 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 6:14 PM

Does anyone know or has anyone any experience or loopholes etc
    Originally posted by axel132132
    Negotiate hard.
    “Opportunities come infrequently. When it rains gold, put out the bucket, not the thimble”
    ― Warren Buffett
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,365Posts Today

7,959Users online

Martin's Twitter