Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Star_girl90
    • By Star_girl90 6th Dec 17, 3:12 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Star_girl90
    Tesco Loan- accepted then declined
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:12 PM
    Tesco Loan- accepted then declined 6th Dec 17 at 3:12 PM
    Hello I am just after some advice about whether this is normal or not

I applied online for a Tesco Loan on Sunday, got accepted and awaited the paperwork.

Today I received two letters from Tesco Bank. One is the relevant documents I need to sign and return to agree to the terms of the loan and for it to go ahead. The other is a letter saying my application for a loan has not been accepted Which one is it!!?

I rang them and they confirmed i hadn't been accepted and that they did checks after sending out the acceptance letter which is why I received both.

Is this normal~? I just fully assumed it was all fine and sorted when I saw the paperwork so seeing the second letter was a shock. Why would they accept like that then do further checks? Surely they should have done them prior to accepting

Edit to add, MSE gave me 95% chance of getting the loan that's why I went with Tesco
    Last edited by Star_girl90; 06-12-2017 at 3:13 PM. Reason: More info
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 6th Dec 17, 3:13 PM
    • 14,371 Posts
    • 15,146 Thanks
    zx81
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:13 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:13 PM
    It happens...
    • iolanthe07
    • By iolanthe07 7th Dec 17, 9:32 AM
    • 4,923 Posts
    • 4,636 Thanks
    iolanthe07
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:32 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:32 AM
    It seems bad business practice, but probably within their terms and conditions. Two separate departments not talking to each other.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
    • robber2
    • By robber2 7th Dec 17, 11:39 AM
    • 283 Posts
    • 229 Thanks
    robber2
    • 7th Dec 17, 11:39 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 11:39 AM

Edit to add, MSE gave me 95% chance of getting the loan that's why I went with Tesco
    Originally posted by Star_girl90
    Doesn't make MSE wrong as such, you are obviously one of the 5%.

Rob
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,326Posts Today

7,788Users online

Martin's Twitter