Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Daisy2017
    • By Daisy2017 6th Dec 17, 2:35 PM
    • 65Posts
    • 8Thanks
    Daisy2017
    Have I been had ?? Pandora restore
    • 6th Dec 17, 2:35 PM
    Have I been had ?? Pandora restore 6th Dec 17 at 2:35 PM
    Ok so not in my right mind right now and probably should have been more aware but basically I ordered off of the website “pandora estore “ ... nit sure how to upload pics but basically my order came to £39.94 with no shipping . All I had in my bank was £42.87 .... I now have a pending payment which means they’ve took the money on hold at the moment of £43.63 !!! The payment details say : AIP*LYXXSM CO* 8610 CN

Ive checked my emails and have no email either ... this was a Xmas present and I have no more money . There only contact is email which I have sent a few . Details I should have looked into before ordering
Page 1
    • marcarm
    • By marcarm 6th Dec 17, 3:00 PM
    • 683 Posts
    • 825 Thanks
    marcarm
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:00 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:00 PM
    What was the actual website?

Looks as though you may have ordered from the Canadian website and due to currency fluctuations that accounts for the difference in price.
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 6th Dec 17, 3:01 PM
    • 4,895 Posts
    • 9,881 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:01 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:01 PM
    Ok so not in my right mind right now and probably should have been more aware but basically I ordered off of the website “pandora estore “ ... nit sure how to upload pics but basically my order came to £39.94 with no shipping . All I had in my bank was £42.87 .... I now have a pending payment which means they’ve took the money on hold at the moment of £43.63 !!! The payment details say : AIP*LYXXSM CO* 8610 CN

Ive checked my emails and have no email either ... this was a Xmas present and I have no more money . There only contact is email which I have sent a few . Details I should have looked into before ordering
    Originally posted by Daisy2017
    A few issues.

You mention without shipping, so its entirely possible that the total is 43.63 with shipping?

Also what is the actual link to the website? The actual pandora site does appear to be http://estore-uk.pandora.net/rings/individual-rings/blue-timeless-elegance-ring/190947NBT.html?productsearch=internalproductsearch (estore Pandora...)
    Survey Earnings 2017 - £163
    • Nodding Donkey
    • By Nodding Donkey 6th Dec 17, 3:02 PM
    • 2,480 Posts
    • 2,104 Thanks
    Nodding Donkey
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:02 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:02 PM
    I thought CN was China
    • Daisy2017
    • By Daisy2017 6th Dec 17, 3:05 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Daisy2017
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:05 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:05 PM
    Shipping was free if you spent over a certain amount

The website address ( wasn’t sure if I was allowed to put it ) is officialypandorasuk.com

Thanks guys
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 6th Dec 17, 3:07 PM
    • 4,895 Posts
    • 9,881 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:07 PM
    Shipping was free if you spent over a certain amount

The website address ( wasn’t sure if I was allowed to put it ) is officialypandorasuk.com

Thanks guys
    The typo in the address didn't give it away?

Its a shop selling Chinese fakes. Yes you've been had.
    Survey Earnings 2017 - £163
    • Nodding Donkey
    • By Nodding Donkey 6th Dec 17, 3:07 PM
    • 2,480 Posts
    • 2,104 Thanks
    Nodding Donkey
    It looks like you have

https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/officialypandorasuk.com
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 6th Dec 17, 3:12 PM
    • 3,103 Posts
    • 2,085 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:12 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:12 PM

http://estore-uk.pandora.net/ appears to be genuine.

However, the details that appear on your statement suggest you bought from elsewhere. Probably China (CN).

You can dispute the charge with your bank. They should refund the payment immediately and then investigate. You will also be refunded bank charges and interest.

You appear to have screen shots of the purchase. You should offer them to your bank in support of your claim.

If the retailer is not genuine they probably won't dispute the case.
    • spadoosh
    • By spadoosh 6th Dec 17, 3:15 PM
    • 4,711 Posts
    • 6,196 Thanks
    spadoosh
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:15 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:15 PM
    The typo in the address didn't give it away?

Its a shop selling Chinese fakes. Yes you've been had.
    Originally posted by marliepanda
    See, for me its when someone tells you theyre official. Official people dont really say that.

Im an official police officer?

Im an official brain surgeon?

Im an official mortgage adviser?

None sound trustworthy. Drop the official and theyre a lot more believable.
    Don't be angry!
    • Daisy2017
    • By Daisy2017 6th Dec 17, 3:23 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Daisy2017
    Thanks for all you help . Devastated and blame myself for not being more prudent .... have rang the bank which says I have to wait for the money to go out then I have to ring again and speak to fraud team . They did say as I authorised it there’s not much they can do but I disputed this by saying I authorised a different amount and obviously thought it was genuine .

I have cancelled the card I used in case they try and take another payment . I told the woman to cancel it as lost or stolen . Because if it gets used now it is basically stolen .

Thanks again guys
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 6th Dec 17, 3:27 PM
    • 1,864 Posts
    • 3,884 Thanks
    IAmWales
    Thanks for all you help . Devastated and blame myself for not being more prudent .... have rang the bank which says I have to wait for the money to go out then I have to ring again and speak to fraud team . They did say as I authorised it there’s not much they can do but I disputed this by saying I authorised a different amount and obviously thought it was genuine .

I have cancelled the card I used in case they try and take another payment . I told the woman to cancel it as lost or stolen . Because if it gets used now it is basically stolen .

Thanks again guys
    The card has not been lost or stolen. All you needed to do was say you are concerned your details may have been given to fraudsters. Telling lies will not help your situation.

(You really need to be more careful. Looking at those prices there was no way the goods were going to be legitimate.)
    Last edited by IAmWales; 06-12-2017 at 3:29 PM.
    • Daisy2017
    • By Daisy2017 6th Dec 17, 3:56 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Daisy2017
    The operator who I spoke to about the fraud was the one I said I wanted to cancel my card with “ as if it had been lost or stolen “ ..... she knows it isn’t and I haven’t said it HAD .... she agreed it was best to be safe

Unfortunately Not all of us think straight when we’re having a bad episode with mental health but thanks
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 6th Dec 17, 5:31 PM
    • 11,445 Posts
    • 7,721 Thanks
    theonlywayisup

Unfortunately Not all of us think straight when we’re having a bad episode with mental health but thanks
    Perhaps pack the laptop/computer away and get someone to be with you when/if you place online orders. Prevention is always better than cure.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 6th Dec 17, 5:58 PM
    • 17,487 Posts
    • 11,724 Thanks
    molerat
    Are you sure the site is not genuine ?
    Free Stand Delivery Over £35. 100% Satisfaction Shopping
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 6th Dec 17, 6:15 PM
    • 11,445 Posts
    • 7,721 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Are you sure the site is not genuine ?
    Originally posted by molerat
    6 day old website, we've all got to start somewhere. OP if you know you should have "probably been more aware" then why weren't you?

When I fess up it's usually because I am certain it's the right thing to do.....
    • cookie365
    • By cookie365 6th Dec 17, 6:25 PM
    • 1,740 Posts
    • 1,121 Thanks
    cookie365
    The first thing I look at with these kinds of site is the 'contact us' page - if it's just a form with no physical address then that's an immediate red flag.

Second red flag would be their inability to spell the word "back" on the FAQ page.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 6th Dec 17, 6:34 PM
    • 11,445 Posts
    • 7,721 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    The first thing I look at with these kinds of site is the 'contact us' page - if it's just a form with no physical address then that's an immediate red flag.

Second red flag would be their inability to spell the word "back" on the FAQ page.
    Originally posted by cookie365
    Spelling [lack of] is obvious on every single page and sometimes it's repeated and repeated and repeated.

1. Do I need to pay the sales tax? No, there is no sales tax on our site.

black to top
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 7th Dec 17, 9:12 AM
    • 18,593 Posts
    • 47,862 Thanks
    Pollycat
    I looked at the website the OP gave in post #5.

I usually look at the 'about us' page.
    That website says:
    To ensure that the quality of our PANDORA Jewelry top notch, we examine each and every PANDORA Jewelry right before they are shipped out to the customer. Being in the business of selling PANDORA Jewelry well over 6 years, we have the ability and technical know-how to ensure that all our customers get only the top quality PANDORA Jewelry when they purchase from us.
    The bold bit is theirs.

The Pandora website (under 'The Pandora story') says:

1982-1999: The early years
    It all started nearly 30 years ago. Back in 1982 a jeweller’s shop that would one day become PANDORA was established in modest surroundings in Copenhagen, Denmark, by Danish goldsmith Per Enevoldsen and his wife Winnie.
    The bold red text is mine.
    Sadly, Daisy, I don't think it's going to be good news.
    Even if you receive any goods, they're likely to be poor quality.
    • macman
    • By macman 7th Dec 17, 10:15 AM
    • 41,425 Posts
    • 17,050 Thanks
    macman
    If you are down to your last £42, then you are not in a position to be buying anybody a Christmas present. Your own welfare should come first.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,394Posts Today

7,913Users online

Martin's Twitter