Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Skag
    • By Skag 6th Dec 17, 2:27 PM
    • 212Posts
    • 28Thanks
    Skag
    Buying a property partly using own Ltd
    • 6th Dec 17, 2:27 PM
    Buying a property partly using own Ltd 6th Dec 17 at 2:27 PM
    I want to buy a property using party my own Ltd and partly my own "name" and my wife's. Say I get an annual income in my Ltd of £100k per year and have a £30k personal income from other sources. Would I be better off buying a property with a mortgage 100% in my company?
    I would ideally like to fund it using all 3: company, me, wife. Can this be done? i.e. a company to have a percentage of a property? I would think yes, but don't know.
    Or would it be a case of me and wife giving a loan to the Ltd, and then purchasing the property in the Ltd 100% ?
Page 2
    • eddddy
    • By eddddy 7th Dec 17, 6:37 PM
    • 5,550 Posts
    • 5,233 Thanks
    eddddy
    ... and unless you are planning to have a year dead for tax purpose (cf. Hotblack Desiato, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams)...
    Originally posted by agrinnall
    Well... that confused me for a moment.

This being the house buying/selling board, I thought you were referring to the North London estate agent that I used to come across. http://www.hotblackdesiato.co.uk/
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 7th Dec 17, 6:51 PM
    • 15,758 Posts
    • 14,053 Thanks
    AdrianC
    Well... that confused me for a moment.

This being the house buying/selling board, I thought you were referring to the North London estate agent that I used to come across. http://www.hotblackdesiato.co.uk/
    Originally posted by eddddy
    Douglas Adams was.
    http://mboard.douglasadams.com/cgi-bin/info/dnathread.cgi?1324,8
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 8th Dec 17, 8:34 AM
    • 18,769 Posts
    • 14,479 Thanks
    agrinnall
    I don't really care whether you are convinced Just think that there are contracting jobs out there that offer anything from 500-800 pounds per day.
    Originally posted by Skag
    My point is, how will you do that contract while also holding down a job that pays you £30K a year? It simply doesn't add up.
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 8th Dec 17, 8:39 AM
    • 15,758 Posts
    • 14,053 Thanks
    AdrianC
    As well as wondering how these two full-time jobs are going to be held down simultaneously, I'm wondering what pays only £30k employed, but £800/day on a long-term contract.

I also wonder if the OP's heard of IR35.
    • Doozergirl
    • By Doozergirl 8th Dec 17, 8:42 AM
    • 24,085 Posts
    • 66,698 Thanks
    Doozergirl
    My point is, how will you do that contract while also holding down a job that pays you £30K a year? It simply doesn't add up.
    Originally posted by agrinnall
    Come on. That’s nearly as silly as the OP. Just because you can’t imagine something, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen to anyone. “Personal Income from other sources” doesn’t say £30k a year full time job.

They could be investing in Bitcoin
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,155Posts Today

5,578Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin