Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GCLARKE01
    • By GCLARKE01 6th Dec 17, 2:26 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    GCLARKE01
    Isa product withdrawn by britannia
    • 6th Dec 17, 2:26 PM
    Isa product withdrawn by britannia 6th Dec 17 at 2:26 PM
    I have recently received a letter from Britannia which is part of the Co-op Bank. The letter states that they will be closing my Regular Cash Saver and transferring my funds to a different ISA (Select Access Cash ISA).

They are doing this without my permission, stating that they are with drawing this current product i have.

I have had this account for 10+ years and they have tried to get me to close it in previous years due to the fact i have get 3% interest. The new isa that they will transfer me to will have a variable rate of 0.80%.

Does anyone know whether downgrading my account is something that they can legally do?

Or if anyone has any experience with an issue such as this?

I look forward to your responses. Thanks!
Page 1
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 6th Dec 17, 3:05 PM
    • 7,305 Posts
    • 9,048 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:05 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:05 PM
    They can give you two months written notice of a detrimental product change, including product withdrawal.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

146Posts Today

2,962Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nice debating with (all but the rude ones) of you. Bedtime for me now. Goodnight #bbcqt

• RT @kevmthomas: @MartinSLewis It was a comment you made about the referendum being a binary choice on a non binary issue that helped me rea?

• To clarify this. Cameron's gamble that having a stark vote'd mean his team won. He gambled wrong (that's not a stat? https://t.co/NSCT3aKvGS

• Follow Martin