Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • J_london
    • By J_london 6th Dec 17, 1:12 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    J_london
    PCN Parking Charge - Should I pay?
    • 6th Dec 17, 1:12 PM
    PCN Parking Charge - Should I pay? 6th Dec 17 at 1:12 PM
    Today I recieved a postal notification of parking charge from PCM (Parking Control Management).

My vehicle was parked at a local Shell Garage to pump up the tyres on my vehicle. I realised I did not have any change so rushed to the Post Office (2 shops down) to get some to use the water and air machine.

As I returned I realised the machine in question was actually out of order. I therefore returned to my vehicle.

The letter states, "Parking in parking area reserved for patrons whilst on the premises only". Technically I left the premises to get change but my questions are in regards to the legitimacy of the charge.

- Who are PCM (Parking Control Management)?
    - Is the fine legitmate?
    - Can it be enforced?
    - Should I pay the fine?

Any responses will be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by J_london; 06-12-2017 at 1:41 PM.
Page 1
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 6th Dec 17, 1:16 PM
    • 7,936 Posts
    • 8,053 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 6th Dec 17, 1:16 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 1:16 PM
    Please start by reading the Newbies Sticky at the top of this forum.

This will inform you fully about private parking and lay-out your options for seeing it-off.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 6th Dec 17, 1:17 PM
    • 33,572 Posts
    • 17,455 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 6th Dec 17, 1:17 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 1:17 PM
    Everyone is politely asked not to start a new thread until after reading the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum (where all your questions are answered = Google pcm to find out who they are)

Go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in

You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 6th Dec 17, 2:19 PM
    • 33,572 Posts
    • 17,455 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 6th Dec 17, 2:19 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 2:19 PM
    You need to do more editing!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,207Posts Today

6,899Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin