Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nis28
    • By nis28 6th Dec 17, 12:49 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    nis28
    Ukcps pcn
    • 6th Dec 17, 12:49 PM
    Ukcps pcn 6th Dec 17 at 12:49 PM
    Hi All,

Yesterday I parked in car park managed by UKCPS LTD in Manchester. I paid for a ticket at the meter for 4 hours and placed the ticket on my dashboard as it stated on the ticket. I returned about 30 mins before my ticket was due to expire and just as I set off I noticed I had been issued a PCN.

I was shocked as I had bought a ticket and it was in full display, the PCN stated I had parked without a valid permit/ticket or authority.

I still have the ticket I bought and I am asking for some advise as to what I should do as I find it very strange to be issued with this PCN. I could have understood it if the ticket had been blown and had fallen on the floor but this wasn't the case here.

According to the notice, I can only appeal if it is received within 21 days and need to give them my name, address, car reg, PRN and can only do it in writing.

I am a bit nervous in giving my details especially from what I have read and heard about scams.with various companies.

Would be grateful for any advise?

Thanks
    Nisar ...
Page 1
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 6th Dec 17, 5:37 PM
    • 10,253 Posts
    • 9,388 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 6th Dec 17, 5:37 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 5:37 PM
    There should be some photograph backing up their claim. What did they claim was the contravention (on the PCN)?

Was your ticket upside down or fallen on the car seat or are you saying that absolutely no contravention at all arose?

You can appeal as keeper to the PPC and demand evidence but no admission as to who was driving.
    • nis28
    • By nis28 6th Dec 17, 6:03 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nis28
    • 6th Dec 17, 6:03 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 6:03 PM
    The PCN just stated observed parking "Without a valid permit/ticket or authority" box ticked. I don't think the ticket was upside down and it was still on my dash board when I set off. I thought I may have had to stick it on my windscreen but it is not one where the back peels off and does state it needs to be displayed on the dash board.

Only thing I can think of why they may have missed it, it was in the middle of my dash ?
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 6th Dec 17, 9:19 PM
    • 10,253 Posts
    • 9,388 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:19 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:19 PM
    You need to see phoyographic evidence.

Suggest you write, as keeper, saying that the driver believes that the ticket was fully on display all the time and they need to provide photo in order that the matter may be resolved.

That for phase 1.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Dec 17, 11:07 PM
    • 15,934 Posts
    • 24,721 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 6th Dec 17, 11:07 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 11:07 PM
    According to the notice, I can only appeal if it is received within 21 days and need to give them my name, address, car reg, PRN and can only do it in writing.

I am a bit nervous in giving my details especially from what I have read and heard about scams.with various companies.
    Ignore their appeal requirements at your peril. You do not give them any excuse to ignore your appeal on the basis you did not follow the required process.

If you donít give them the details they require (apart from not giving them the driverís details) they will get the registered keeperís details from the DVLA. Withholding the keeperís details is not recommended.

This is the standard advice I give to posters asking similar questions.
    Make sure the initial appeal is sent to the PPC by their deadline date, normally 28 days from the date on the NtK for a BPA Operator, (21 days for an IPC Operator, but no POPLA for IPC Operators), otherwise you can kiss goodbye to POPLA.

Also, equally important in the submission of the initial appeal, you follow precisely the method by which they require you to send the appeal. Preferably do it via their website appeal portal (if thatís the method they require). But if it says by email, donít send it by post (or vice versa). If it asks for the keeperís name and full postal address - give it, donít provide an email address instead, or try to be clever with a M Mouse, Orlando, Florida!

Be careful of any drop down box if the appeal is via a website appeal portal, that defaults to ĎI am/was the driverí - make sure that isnít showing when you press the ĎSendí button.
    If sending by post, get a free Certificate of Posting from your PO counter clerk (donít just launch it into the nearest post box). Donít send it ĎRecorded/Signed Forí.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,225Posts Today

6,744Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin