Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • buglawton
    • By buglawton 6th Dec 17, 12:40 PM
    • 7,038Posts
    • 3,293Thanks
    buglawton
    YouTube to be removed from Amazon devices
    • 6th Dec 17, 12:40 PM
    YouTube to be removed from Amazon devices 6th Dec 17 at 12:40 PM
    With immediate effect on Amazon Show device and from Jan on things like Fire Sticks and presumably tablets?

Tech giants at war: Google pulls plug on YouTube in Amazon kit https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/12/05/google_has_but_one_burning_desire_let_them_ban_acc ess_to_fire/ via @theregister

Might make you think twice before compiling your Xmas present list.
    At home we use a Fire stick on 2nd TV and casting from phone to Youtube on TV is a highly used app.
    Last edited by buglawton; 06-12-2017 at 6:11 PM. Reason: spelling
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 6th Dec 17, 7:51 PM
    • 26,214 Posts
    • 10,469 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:51 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:51 PM
    Or just use a web browser on the fire stick?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • buglawton
    • By buglawton 6th Dec 17, 10:59 PM
    • 7,038 Posts
    • 3,293 Thanks
    buglawton
    • 6th Dec 17, 10:59 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 10:59 PM
    At the moment I can cast from YouTube app to Fire Stick by tapping the cast icon on the phone app. This is how we use cast to YouTube on Roku, Now TV box and Fire stick. Ain't gonna happen with a web browser.

Anyway, till the spoiled brats have finished their argument, any new Amazon or Google devices are off the menu for me.

For example, Google Home users are able to access Amazon Music currently. That'll be removed if the war continues.
    • Freebyman
    • By Freebyman 7th Dec 17, 9:36 AM
    • 561 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    Freebyman
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:36 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:36 AM
    Bought mine in the black friday sale, to be honest I hate the interface on the thing, you cant customise it with your own home page etc unless there is a way of course? But the deal breaker is youtube, so if they dont sort it by the new year I will return it.
    Old Faithful we roam the range together,
    Old Faithful in any kind of weather,
    When the round up days are over,
    And the Boulevardís white with clover,
    For you old faithful pal of mine.
    • Silly Worms
    • By Silly Worms 7th Dec 17, 10:53 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Silly Worms
    • 7th Dec 17, 10:53 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 10:53 AM
    I saw that news yesterday, it's not the first time it has happened. It will be interesting to see how it pans out because to some degree it'll hurt both companies though you can understand where Google is coming from.
    Nowadays so many things have Youtube built in anyway, for example (just in our lounge) the TV has it built-in as does the blu ray player, the Freesat box and the XBox. Then the tablets, laptop/PC's and phones all have it too and can in one way or another (and without an Amazon device) play content on the TV.
    I know not everyone is the same and I can imagine some irritation caused by this but Amazon might lose a few customers whilst Youtube might see a few less hits so like I say, it'll be interesting to see what happens.
    • zaynesbill
    • By zaynesbill 7th Dec 17, 1:13 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    zaynesbill
    • 7th Dec 17, 1:13 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 1:13 PM
    One day this has to be happened.
    Bill
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 7th Dec 17, 1:16 PM
    • 4,929 Posts
    • 3,928 Thanks
    glentoran99
    • 7th Dec 17, 1:16 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 1:16 PM
    Bought mine in the black friday sale, to be honest I hate the interface on the thing, you cant customise it with your own home page etc unless there is a way of course? But the deal breaker is youtube, so if they dont sort it by the new year I will return it.
    Originally posted by Freebyman

And you expect a refund?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,027Posts Today

7,724Users online

Martin's Twitter