Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JohnDoe123
    • By JohnDoe123 6th Dec 17, 12:14 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JohnDoe123
    Northern Parking Services
    • 6th Dec 17, 12:14 PM
    Northern Parking Services 6th Dec 17 at 12:14 PM
    HI all

I recently had I ticket delivered to my work (I have a company car) they said they was about to pay it but I told them not to before doing a bit of research which led me here.
    I had a look at the NEWBIE thread but i am still 100% not sure what to do.

thank you for your help

copy and paste the link below to see the letter
    s18.postimg.org/ru8tcia15/.parking.png
    Last edited by JohnDoe123; 06-12-2017 at 3:21 PM. Reason: spellings
Page 1
    • Tilt
    • By Tilt 6th Dec 17, 12:20 PM
    • 3,484 Posts
    • 1,662 Thanks
    Tilt
    • 6th Dec 17, 12:20 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 12:20 PM
    Is this the first correspondence you have received about this (apart from the actual 'ticket')?
    PLEASE NOTE
    My advice should be used as guidance only. You should always obtain face to face professional advice before taking any action.
    • JohnDoe123
    • By JohnDoe123 6th Dec 17, 3:20 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JohnDoe123
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:20 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:20 PM
    yes this is the only thing my company has got about it, there was no ticket as it was an ANPR camera
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 6th Dec 17, 3:42 PM
    • 33,500 Posts
    • 17,375 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:42 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:42 PM
    The Newbies FAQ thread does cover company cars
    • JohnDoe123
    • By JohnDoe123 6th Dec 17, 6:03 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JohnDoe123
    • 6th Dec 17, 6:03 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 6:03 PM
    Yes I have seen the newbie section about company cars, I am still abit confused as to wheather 1) I should pay it 2) dispute to pay the discounted price 3) not pay at all as it is not legal
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 6th Dec 17, 6:07 PM
    • 1,756 Posts
    • 2,868 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    • 6th Dec 17, 6:07 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 6:07 PM
    Have a look at nicks mate's thread

If there's a valid defence then defend it but there's a couple of hoops to jump through to take responsibility away from the company
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
    • Tilt
    • By Tilt 6th Dec 17, 6:38 PM
    • 3,484 Posts
    • 1,662 Thanks
    Tilt
    • 6th Dec 17, 6:38 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 6:38 PM
    yes this is the only thing my company has got about it, there was no ticket as it was an ANPR camera
    Originally posted by JohnDoe123
    Well afaik, the process involved in private parking charge notices is that a 'notice to the owner' should be first sent giving an appeal option before a 'final demand' is issued. I can't see any appeal information on the 'notice' you have posted thus meaning that it dosn't comply with the BPA (or what ever it's called) code of practice.

I would write to them (NOT PHONE) disputing the charge on the grounds that you havn't been properly informed of their appeal process therefor you havn't had reasonable opportunity to challenge their invoice.

Keep copies of all correspondence and DO NOT enter into any verbal dialogue with them.
    PLEASE NOTE
    My advice should be used as guidance only. You should always obtain face to face professional advice before taking any action.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,103Posts Today

7,909Users online

Martin's Twitter