Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nevnoodle
    • By nevnoodle 6th Dec 17, 11:57 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    nevnoodle
    POPLA Appeal - Lease Vehicle
    • 6th Dec 17, 11:57 AM
    POPLA Appeal - Lease Vehicle 6th Dec 17 at 11:57 AM
    Hi I appealed to Park Watch and used Edna Bashia's template (from the NEWBIES PLEASE READ THRED) I have received a repose from Park Watch saying that the charge will still apply but giving me the POPLA code I requested - I cannot seem to find the follow up letter template to fill in with POPLA - any ideas?
    I was not driving, the car is a lease car, the lease company sent me the notice through from Park Watch and have charged me an admin fee.
    Due to the advice on the NEWBIES thread I have not mentioned the fact that the driver pulled into the parking area for around 3 minutes, got out of the car as the toddler in the backseat hade managed to get her arms out of the safety harness part of the car seat. She put the child back in the seat and then left the area. I am not sure if I should explain any of this in the POPLA appeal????
    Any help would be appreciated.
Page 1
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 6th Dec 17, 12:35 PM
    • 1,149 Posts
    • 1,173 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 6th Dec 17, 12:35 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 12:35 PM
    Newbies thread. There is no single template, however obviously a lack of compliace with POFA will obviously be included.
    Don't explain that. It will win on lack of keeper liability.
    • Edna Basher
    • By Edna Basher 6th Dec 17, 1:32 PM
    • 609 Posts
    • 1,563 Thanks
    Edna Basher
    • 6th Dec 17, 1:32 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 1:32 PM
    Did Park Watch send you a "Notice to Hirer" in your own name or did you "appeal" to Park Watch in response to the PCN that the lease company forwarded on to you?

Either way, Park Watch will not have complied with POFA - however, the wording of your point about POFA non-compliance will need to be tailored to suit.

While you are in the process of compiling your submission to POPLA, I suggest that you contact the lease company to advise them that if / when this PCN is cancelled, you expect them to refund the admin fee that they've charged you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,662Posts Today

7,782Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @SF_England: @MartinSLewis Thanks Martin, just so everyone is aware- check your payslips between when you graduated and the following Ap?

• Sorry to bubble burst. But each day a lot of people tweet me this. I think it doesn't show any other votes until t? https://t.co/uRny62NRc1

• Today's Twitter poll: I want to find out are people generally happy. So how happy are you today? PS I did the same? https://t.co/3Gw9ylu2H2

• Follow Martin