Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rads717
    • By rads717 6th Dec 17, 11:16 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    rads717
    Quote for installation of new door
    • 6th Dec 17, 11:16 AM
    Quote for installation of new door 6th Dec 17 at 11:16 AM
    I want to replace the normal door on my bathroom and replace it with a sliding door (on the outside of the wall, not inside the wall). I've been quoted £300 (excluding materials) for this. Does this seem reasonable?
Page 1
    • grslfc1976
    • By grslfc1976 6th Dec 17, 11:22 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    grslfc1976
    • 6th Dec 17, 11:22 AM
    • 6th Dec 17, 11:22 AM
    I have just had 5 internal doors fitted including a bi -fold kitchen door With all the bits and bobs for £650.

Might be worth getting a few more quotes.
    • phill99
    • By phill99 6th Dec 17, 7:50 PM
    • 7,989 Posts
    • 7,225 Thanks
    phill99
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:50 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:50 PM
    Its no more than a days labour for a chippy. £300 is a bit OTT.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

156Posts Today

1,950Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin