Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • swhite1991
    • By swhite1991 6th Dec 17, 11:14 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    swhite1991
    anyone ever had three mobile clear a debt without payment?
    • 6th Dec 17, 11:14 AM
    anyone ever had three mobile clear a debt without payment? 6th Dec 17 at 11:14 AM
    hello, im new hear and just wanted some advise not sure what to do?

i had a contract with three mobile which i paid a year off then i lost my job and couldnt afford the contract and it ended up defaulting in August 2016.

the debt was with Past Due Credit Solutions, i had a payment plan set up with them until they stopped taking payments? i called to ask why and they said that Three had requested to put my account on hold until further notice? this was back in May/June 2017, i had contacted them a few times to ask if i could set payment plan back up but they wouldnt take my payments, i called three who just told me to deal with past credit solutions?

i made a call this morning to past due credit who told me the debt had been passed back to three last month and to contact them?
    so phoned three who told me there was nothing owing on my account as it was showing payments had been made for the full balance? i told them i hadnt made the payments so who did? she couldnt tell me, i asked for a copy of the bill to me sent to my address showing the balance at £0 but now im starting to think have they gone for a CCJ? I havent got any papers and they have my correct address because i double checked with them on the phone?

should i be worried or not? its about £700 i owed to them?
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 6th Dec 17, 11:27 AM
    • 12,652 Posts
    • 11,985 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 6th Dec 17, 11:27 AM
    • 6th Dec 17, 11:27 AM
    Hi,

Most likely the debt will of been sold on to a 3rd party debt purchaser.

That would explain why itís not on their systems.

The call handlers wonít know whatís going on, they only know what the screen in front of them tells them.

Itís very unlikkey to of been written off, expect contact from the new owner at some point.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • swhite1991
    • By swhite1991 6th Dec 17, 4:37 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    swhite1991
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:37 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:37 PM
    Thanks for your reply, I phoned three back and asked for the collections department, they told me the debt was sold to Lowell and to contact them but I already have a account with Lowell for another debt, I rang them and they donít have the three debt currently but told me to wait a few weeks and ring back?
  • National Debtline
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:47 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:47 PM
    Hi there

I agree with sourcrates, it's unlikely the debt has simply been written off. But it's also unlikely that court action has already been taken as you should have been sent a letter before claim. That would warn you they are considering court action and allow you to try and negotiate on the debt. From what you've said it doesn't sound like you've received anything along those lines.

You've done the right thing by asking for confirmation there is nothing owing to Three. However it may be that you are contacted at some point to say the debt has been passed on to a different debt collection agency (DCA). Until that happens there's not really much else you can do.

It is possible you may hear nothing further. And eventually the debt could become statute barred. That would require 6 years with no payments, written acknowledgement of the debt or CCJ. After that they can no longer enforce the debt.

***edit*** Sorry OP, are posts crossed over. It's as suspected Lowell (a DCA) have bought the debt. Once they have the details on their system you will be able to try and negotiate a payment plan with them.

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,772Posts Today

7,373Users online

Martin's Twitter