Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • geepsgb
    • By geepsgb 6th Dec 17, 11:03 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    geepsgb
    RBS ppi claim
    • 6th Dec 17, 11:03 AM
    RBS ppi claim 6th Dec 17 at 11:03 AM
    I had a ppi with a RBS advanta card in the 1990's. I only have one statement showing the ppi monthly premium. RBS acknowledge I was mis-sold and have offered £44 for the one month. From memory I had this card for several years but have no record. I had expected RBS to come to some reasonable negotiated settlement but they refuse. How can I take this further?
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 6th Dec 17, 11:22 AM
    • 18,894 Posts
    • 10,119 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 6th Dec 17, 11:22 AM
    • 6th Dec 17, 11:22 AM
    From memory I had this card for several years but have no record.
    Originally posted by geepsgb
    If you have no other records and the Bank have no records at all then there is little you can do but accept the refund of the only payment you can prove that you made.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 6th Dec 17, 6:10 PM
    • 7,161 Posts
    • 5,159 Thanks
    -taff
    • 6th Dec 17, 6:10 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 6:10 PM
    Or you can refer it to the FOS who might instruct them to consider your balance and how long you've had the card to reconstruct a potential balance and a larger amount of redress
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 6th Dec 17, 10:38 PM
    • 18,894 Posts
    • 10,119 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 6th Dec 17, 10:38 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 10:38 PM
    Or you can refer it to the FOS who might instruct them to consider your balance and how long you've had the card to reconstruct a potential balance and a larger amount of redress
    Originally posted by -taff
    The problem is that they obviously cannot determine how long the card was held or the PPI paid from that one statement. It looks like the Bank have no record at all and have simply refunded based only on that statement. Comparative Redress is not usually possible with so little information.
    Last edited by Moneyineptitude; 07-12-2017 at 1:20 AM.
    • sun73
    • By sun73 7th Dec 17, 7:27 PM
    • 358 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    sun73
    • 7th Dec 17, 7:27 PM
    RBS ppi claim
    • 7th Dec 17, 7:27 PM
    I had a ppi with a RBS advanta card in the 1990's. I only have one statement showing the ppi monthly premium. RBS acknowledge I was mis-sold and have offered £44 for the one month. From memory I had this card for several years but have no record. I had expected RBS to come to some reasonable negotiated settlement but they refuse. How can I take this further?
    Originally posted by geepsgb
    Send a SAR to RBS credit card centre in Southend, they might be able to tell you when the account was opened and the closing balance. Ask for a copy of your credit agreement and transaction history.

With that information FOS would instruct the bank to calculate your redress based on an average over the whole period.

If the card was an RBS Advanta it was probably opened between 1996 and 2003. This bank along with several others, claim not to have records of credit card statements before 2001. So if your account closed before that time and RBS won't increase their offer you could refer the complaint to FOS for advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,470Posts Today

8,751Users online

Martin's Twitter