Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Artistxman
    • By Artistxman 6th Dec 17, 9:47 AM
    • 56Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Artistxman
    Met parking rejecting my appeal despite proof of receipt- HELP!
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:47 AM
    Met parking rejecting my appeal despite proof of receipt- HELP! 6th Dec 17 at 9:47 AM
    Hi all
    I parked in a McDonalds car park and had food with family and have proof from my credit card statement with shop details etc. Still the !!!!!!s have sent photos of empty shop and saying I wasn't in the shop and therefore should pay the fine. I appealed and now received a POPLA code. I started reading the thread and getting a bit confused? Is the best way to appeal to POPLA is with my real reason- i.e I was in the shop and they are lying and I don't know even know when they came to take photos of the empty shop? I never left the shop. Or should I look for holes in their fine by pointing out legal holes in their fine /signage etc? Thanks for your help.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Dec 17, 9:58 AM
    • 15,886 Posts
    • 24,632 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:58 AM
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:58 AM
    I was in the shop and they are lying and I don't know even know when they came to take photos of the empty shop?
    You can tag that in as some context, but it won’t be anything like what you will rely on. The NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3 gives you the method by which you can win this at POPLA, including ready-written appeal points to use.

Have you checked the NtK for PoFA compliance? Read here:

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/keeper-liability/

Have you complained to the McD’s manager - take him your receipt and their photos of the empty shop and ask him how he can square these.

Read other similar MET/McD threads by using the forum search function on ‘MET McDonalds’.

Let us see your POPLA draft for critique and fine tuning.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 6th Dec 17, 10:03 AM
    • 33,486 Posts
    • 17,366 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 6th Dec 17, 10:03 AM
    • 6th Dec 17, 10:03 AM
    Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your op to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 6th Dec 17, 12:19 PM
    • 1,754 Posts
    • 2,865 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    • 6th Dec 17, 12:19 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 12:19 PM
    for the purposes of POPLA you keep quiet about who was driving and appeal as keeper, but you can say that the driver used the shop and provide the receipts.

POPLA effectively reverses the burden of proof onto you - so you have to prove driver was using the shop. If they have photos of empty shop ask for the date/time stamp on the photographs. It will be hard to argue with your receipts which presumably have a date and time on them.

If POPLA appeal fails, where there is a good driver's defence I always advise to admit being the driver because otherwise you are in a very difficult position in not being able to argue your best defence (because it comes hand in hand with being the driver). But POPLA is quite different because very specific types of argument succeed there which don't necessarily succeed in court.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

217Posts Today

1,922Users online

Martin's Twitter