Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Karenl2012
    • By Karenl2012 6th Dec 17, 8:48 AM
    • 14Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Karenl2012
    Changes to job role after being off sick
    • 6th Dec 17, 8:48 AM
    Changes to job role after being off sick 6th Dec 17 at 8:48 AM
    Hello,

I have just heard that someone who is covering my work while I'm off sick (have been off for 1 month and due to be off 1 more month) has been given a temporary pay rise in my absence to cover my work. I have a feeling that when I go back to the office this may turn out to be a permanent change, is it likely that my role will completely change when I return? Its strange because the person who normally covers me when I am off on annual leave and on my team doesn't seem to be picking up my work it is being done by someone on a different team who's manager I have made a complaint about. I have a feeling that this work will be taken off me so I can be moved to a different part of the office. Can they do this?

Another thing, I went on to my computer as I can access it remotely to check my contract on our HR system (to check the above) and my computer has been removed from the account. I can access my emails remotely through the internet so they haven't blocked me from that. Is this normal? How do I get my contract now? I didn't really want to make it obvious and have to ask for them.

Am I overthinking or should I be worried?

Thank you
Page 2
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 7th Dec 17, 2:06 AM
    • 37,848 Posts
    • 34,238 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    Is it possible that during an extended period of absence your ability to log in remotely would be suspended? That does not seem unreasonable: you are not at work, you are not SUPPOSED to be at work, leaving you with unfettered access could be problematic.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: 1 adult cardigan, 3 baby jumpers, 2 shawls, 3 pairs baby bootees,
    1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 1 seaman's hat ...
    Current projects: 1 shawl, another seaman's hat
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 7th Dec 17, 7:15 AM
    • 1,975 Posts
    • 2,487 Thanks
    unforeseen
    I'm confused by the phrase ' the computer has been removed from my account's

What do you actually mean? Computers and user accounts tend to be separate entities.
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 7th Dec 17, 2:48 PM
    • 10,032 Posts
    • 8,092 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    This thread is at least different from the usual "I've been on sick leave for 4 years and HR are constantly harassing me, contacting me every 3 to 6 months"
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 7th Dec 17, 3:33 PM
    • 30,774 Posts
    • 18,381 Thanks
    getmore4less
    There is the scenario that they are getting along fine(or even better) without you.

They then realise they have been overstaffed for some time.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,662Posts Today

7,782Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @SF_England: @MartinSLewis Thanks Martin, just so everyone is aware- check your payslips between when you graduated and the following Ap?

• Sorry to bubble burst. But each day a lot of people tweet me this. I think it doesn't show any other votes until t? https://t.co/uRny62NRc1

• Today's Twitter poll: I want to find out are people generally happy. So how happy are you today? PS I did the same? https://t.co/3Gw9ylu2H2

• Follow Martin