Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Peter 87
    • By Peter 87 5th Dec 17, 11:30 PM
    • 39Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Peter 87
    Fitbit Surge Faults
    • 5th Dec 17, 11:30 PM
    Fitbit Surge Faults 5th Dec 17 at 11:30 PM
    Purchased a Fitbit Surge in May 2016 from Argos - within 3 months the watch strap was bubbling and pealing from the watch.

Returned item to Argos and got a replacement however 4-5 months later the same issue occurred. As I could not find receipt I contacted Fitbit as product was within 2 year warranty.

They agreed that the product was faulty and provided replacement.

The same issue reoccurred and Fitbit sent another replacement.

The watch had started to bubble again Have contacted Fitbit and they have offered replacement (again)

I am not satisfied with the product due to the reoccurring fault and would rather just have a refund. As product was purchased from Argos and not Fitbit directly where do i stand? I have recently found the original receipt for Argos.
Page 1
    • JJG
    • By JJG 5th Dec 17, 11:44 PM
    • 272 Posts
    • 325 Thanks
    JJG
    • 5th Dec 17, 11:44 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 11:44 PM
    Someone more knowledgable than me will come along shortly. I imagine a hurdle will be is you are no longer in possession of the fitbit surge you purchased/had replaced by Argos. I don’t believe argos can be held responsible for a product you haven’t received from them (your current fitbit surge).
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 6th Dec 17, 1:46 AM
    • 4,800 Posts
    • 3,166 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 6th Dec 17, 1:46 AM
    • 6th Dec 17, 1:46 AM
    Even if you can get Argos to provide a refund, that refund can be reduced to take account of the use you have had.

I have no idea how Argos might calculate that reduction, but one measure might be by asking how much an 18 month old fitbit model xyz is now worth.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

616Posts Today

4,528Users online

Martin's Twitter