Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Littlespy
    • By Littlespy 5th Dec 17, 11:10 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Littlespy
    Requesting court documents relating to a payment meter
    • 5th Dec 17, 11:10 PM
    Requesting court documents relating to a payment meter 5th Dec 17 at 11:10 PM
    So today a bunch of guys from edf turned up to fit a pre payment meter for gas. I was at work but on the phone to my partner. They refused to show him the warrant or how much was owed because it was in name but refused to tell us how we could get a copy of the warrant. Edf had gone to court despite telling me that they'd accepted my payment plan and sending a letter re court action the day before the warrant. Therefore I couldn't represent myself at court. There were no welfare checks prior to the warrant and I actually have asthma and arthritis which precludes a prepayment meter being fitted. They're claiming they carried out welfare checks 'by sight' today by looking at my partner. How can I get a copy of the warrant or court documents that they're refusing to show us and any suggestions on how to move forward?
Page 1
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 6th Dec 17, 9:06 AM
    • 3,883 Posts
    • 1,543 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:06 AM
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:06 AM
    So today a bunch of guys from edf turned up to fit a pre payment meter for gas. I was at work but on the phone to my partner. They refused to show him the warrant or how much was owed because it was in name but refused to tell us how we could get a copy of the warrant. Edf had gone to court despite telling me that they'd accepted my payment plan and sending a letter re court action the day before the warrant. Therefore I couldn't represent myself at court. There were no welfare checks prior to the warrant and I actually have asthma and arthritis which precludes a prepayment meter being fitted. They're claiming they carried out welfare checks 'by sight' today by looking at my partner. How can I get a copy of the warrant or court documents that they're refusing to show us and any suggestions on how to move forward?
    Originally posted by Littlespy
    No warrant = no access.
    (You are entitled to see the court warrant that gives the people the right to access)

If they will not leave, call the police.
    You may elect to call them anyway, as it sounds like some kind of scam.... especially if they are calling at 11 o'clock at night.

Good luck!
    • Joyful
    • By Joyful 6th Dec 17, 4:23 PM
    • 2,200 Posts
    • 1,134 Thanks
    Joyful
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:23 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:23 PM
    I have never heard of asthma and arthritis as a reason for not getting a PP meter fitted, unless it is a single person in the home that cannot access the meter. In that case the meter could be moved under the priority service register.
    I am an employee of British Gas.The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of Centrica, its subsidiaries or affiliated companies.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,725Posts Today

6,873Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin