Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • G147
    • By G147 5th Dec 17, 9:37 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    G147
    Staircasing to 100%
    • 5th Dec 17, 9:37 PM
    Staircasing to 100% 5th Dec 17 at 9:37 PM
    Looking for some guidance.... Thank you!

I originally bought a 25% share of a flat with Circle housing association and have staircased previously to 50 and 80%.
    I'm now in a position to staircase to 100%.

However on contacting the housing association it has moved to Clarion.

They are asking me to complete a full financial assessment, and to pay £500 to them for administering the transaction (it would be £250 if it was to <100%).

Previously I have not had to do either of these things so I want to understand if I do indeed need to pay the fee and provide the financial details.

As I am staircasing to 100% I can't see why they need to know my financial details as I will no longer be paying the, rent. I understand why I had to do this originally to be eligible but it now seems irrelevant.

For the fee, I've never been made aware of this, and it is quite a significant amount with no justification from them as to why despite asking. Can I challenge this?

Thank you!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

602Posts Today

4,267Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: Do you always use soap (if available) while washing your hands after going to the loo in a public toilet?

• RT @mark76stewart: Sledging!? I?ll say! That?s worse sledging than the Aussies @MartinSLewis !! £6.99 each or 2 for £20 @WHSmith ?? https:?

• RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• Follow Martin