Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Skyrage
    • By Skyrage 5th Dec 17, 8:12 PM
    • 50Posts
    • 73Thanks
    Skyrage
    Virgin Defence: Have I ruined my chance?
    • 5th Dec 17, 8:12 PM
    Virgin Defence: Have I ruined my chance? 5th Dec 17 at 8:12 PM
    Hi, only just found about this site of successful help and have already sent a terrible defence in your eyes, what should I do next?

Have parked in a patrons only car park of the village hall. All you use to have to do was enter your car reg on paper at the desk when you used the facilities.

It got took over by parking eye, dropping my son off to his club as normal, I drove in at 17.58 & left at 18.15 missing all the new parking signage. My son never entered our reg into what would normally be the book.

Now I did ignore all letters until I got the Claim Form N1, so I replied what would seem to be a typical rubbish reply explaining i was allowed to be there, I didn't agree with being penalised for actually being there for the correct purpose blah blah blah.

Now have received a 16 page reply to defence & A notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track form, can I do anything now I have submitted a pathetic weak defence?

Thankyou
    If you don't have anything productive, positive or nice to say maybe you should button it for a short while!
Page 2
    • Skyrage
    • By Skyrage 11th Feb 18, 4:16 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    Skyrage
    [QUOTE=Coupon-mad;73865463]The documents you wish to rely on are:

- your witness statement (NOT a skeleton defence argument), see the NEWBIES thread for the difference

Why am I being asked to send in my witness statement at a later date than the documents I need to rely on if I am to include my witness statement?
    If you don't have anything productive, positive or nice to say maybe you should button it for a short while!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Feb 18, 4:33 PM
    • 54,087 Posts
    • 67,758 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Where does the court letter say there is a different date for your WS? The normal procedure is to exchange all documents at the stated date. The WS is paramount at that point.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Skyrage
    • By Skyrage 11th Feb 18, 8:49 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    Skyrage
    Where does the court letter say there is a different date for your WS? The normal procedure is to exchange all documents at the stated date. The WS is paramount at that point.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    In the directions part of the later there is a date in Feb we are both instructed to send to the court & the opposite party the documents we intend to rely on

Then there is another date in March we are both to instructed to send to court & the opposite party witness statements of our own & those of others that we rely upon in the final hearing

The final hearing is then in May
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Feb 18, 9:32 PM
    • 5,703 Posts
    • 4,422 Thanks
    KeithP
    In the directions part of the later there is a date in Feb we are both instructed to send to the court & the opposite party the documents we intend to rely on

Then there is another date in March we are both to instructed to send to court & the opposite party witness statements of our own & those of others that we rely upon in the final hearing

The final hearing is then in May
    Originally posted by Skyrage
    That's unusual.

Can you post an image of that order.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,925Posts Today

7,513Users online

Martin's Twitter