Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Becky taylor
    • By Becky taylor 5th Dec 17, 7:58 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Becky taylor
    Appeal to POPLA help
    • 5th Dec 17, 7:58 PM
    Appeal to POPLA help 5th Dec 17 at 7:58 PM
    Hi all, wondering if anyone could offer me advice for an appeal to POPLA
    My father, who is 70 and therefore writing on his behalf, parked at the Royal United Hospital, Bath to take my mother for an X-ray on her broken ankle, was there for around a hour, and paid via credit card on the machine on leaving (or so he thought).
    Parking eye has sent a letter to state that he failed to pay for the ticket, and on checking the receipt, it says in very small letters ‘payment void’. Whereas on other days when payment has been successful the tickets say, in the same place ‘payment accepted’.
    The parking charge was £2. He has not received a fine for £80 from Parking Eye. He has written a letter to Parking eye objecting this fine and they have denied this appeal and state to now appeal to POPLA.
    Does anyone have any advice on this appeal? I think it very unfair, my farther stated that it was a dark evening, worrying about my mother etc and therefore didn’t even realise the payment was in fact declined.
    Many thanks in advance
    Rebecca
Page 1
    • Ryandavis1959
    • By Ryandavis1959 5th Dec 17, 8:31 PM
    • 170 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    Ryandavis1959
    • 5th Dec 17, 8:31 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 8:31 PM
    Maybe he could ask the hospital if they will cancel it?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 5th Dec 17, 8:37 PM
    • 16,937 Posts
    • 21,075 Thanks
    Redx
    • 5th Dec 17, 8:37 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 8:37 PM
    complain to PALS and insist that they cancel it
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,971Posts Today

7,199Users online

Martin's Twitter