Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • littlerock
    • By littlerock 5th Dec 17, 7:25 PM
    • 1,215Posts
    • 181Thanks
    littlerock
    Dropping VM TV - anyone saved anything?
    • 5th Dec 17, 7:25 PM
    Dropping VM TV - anyone saved anything? 5th Dec 17 at 7:25 PM
    We have a full VM package at present (cable - TV, Broadband and Phone) - long out of contract. We don't really want the TV anymore and are thinking of getting Freeview instead.

I phoned up to ask them about potential saving and they said we would not save anything because the discount we get is only available on the whole package. If we cancelled one element only, the cost of the others would go up to compensate. (We do not get a breakdown of the individual elements of the cost on the bill.) As we are currently paying around £95 per month that seems a bit steep.

Anyone else successfully cancelled just the tv element of a VM package recently and how much did you save?
Page 1
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 5th Dec 17, 7:32 PM
    • 2,473 Posts
    • 658 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 5th Dec 17, 7:32 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 7:32 PM
    'Tis true.

Only when you are out of minimum term contract and say you are going to leave do you get money off.

You can then get different prices for tv and no tv
    • littlerock
    • By littlerock 6th Dec 17, 7:57 AM
    • 1,215 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    littlerock
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:57 AM
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:57 AM
    we are long out of contract and already were when I asked them about dropping the TV element of the package.
    • littlerock
    • By littlerock 6th Dec 17, 7:59 AM
    • 1,215 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    littlerock
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:59 AM
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:59 AM
    well it will take a little while to get new TV, aerial on roof etc so think I will get it all in place and running and then phone Virgin again.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 6th Dec 17, 12:27 PM
    • 2,473 Posts
    • 658 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 6th Dec 17, 12:27 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 12:27 PM
    you need to select different options and say different things!

Select option, I'm thinking of leaving for another reason.
    And then say to the person, I want to leave because its too expensive, and can pay £xx @ vodaphone

At the last minute they may say you can keep the TiVo, so don't rush and order a PVR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,426Posts Today

8,311Users online

Martin's Twitter