Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tomcat1971
    • By tomcat1971 5th Dec 17, 7:22 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tomcat1971
    Ocado new customer
    • 5th Dec 17, 7:22 PM
    Ocado new customer 5th Dec 17 at 7:22 PM
    Hi, just wanted to know if ocado are right in cancelling my order as I spent £80 on vodka 5 1l bottles and got £20 off first order so came to £60 but they replied via email saying "As part of our alcohol licence we’re not legally allowed to sell you alcohol at a price below the cost of duty + VAT. As your order contains over a certain amount of alcohol, applying the full discount to the order you placed puts the alcohol in your order below the required legal price" thanks in advance
Page 1
    • Brynsam
    • By Brynsam 6th Dec 17, 12:27 AM
    • 248 Posts
    • 193 Thanks
    Brynsam
    • 6th Dec 17, 12:27 AM
    • 6th Dec 17, 12:27 AM
    Yes, they are right.
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 6th Dec 17, 4:03 AM
    • 12,263 Posts
    • 11,547 Thanks
    jenniewb
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:03 AM
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:03 AM
    Yeah they are right and it is stated in their terms and conditions (or at least it was when I took them up on their first order offer). It does work if you mix up your alcohol with other purchases but when it's only alcohol the offer wont work due to the minimum pricing on alcohol.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,540Posts Today

6,643Users online

Martin's Twitter