Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stumac1980
    • By stumac1980 5th Dec 17, 6:44 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 3Thanks
    stumac1980
    Transfer of Property
    • 5th Dec 17, 6:44 PM
    Transfer of Property 5th Dec 17 at 6:44 PM
    Currently my father has 2 properties plus his own home and is looking to move these into his property business that he has set up a number of years ago. He wants to move these properties into the property business and also add myself and my sister as the directors of the company and remove himself from the business.

How would he go about doing this and also what tax implications would this cause for all 3 parties.
Page 1
    • Keep pedalling
    • By Keep pedalling 5th Dec 17, 7:14 PM
    • 4,067 Posts
    • 4,431 Thanks
    Keep pedalling
    • 5th Dec 17, 7:14 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 7:14 PM
    This would be better off asked in the house buying and renting forum. There would almost certainly be a capital gains tax issue for him on doing this, and he should not even contemplate doing such a thing without taking professional advice.
    • Yorkshireman99
    • By Yorkshireman99 5th Dec 17, 7:28 PM
    • 3,370 Posts
    • 2,732 Thanks
    Yorkshireman99
    • 5th Dec 17, 7:28 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 7:28 PM
    Currently my father has 2 properties plus his own home and is looking to move these into his property business that he has set up a number of years ago. He wants to move these properties into the property business and also add myself and my sister as the directors of the company and remove himself from the business.

How would he go about doing this and also what tax implications would this cause for all 3 parties.
    Originally posted by stumac1980
    All three of you need paid for professional advice of the legal and tax implications. It would be foolish to rely on advice from here as nobody has seen all the detail.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,562Posts Today

7,638Users online

Martin's Twitter