Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BrianWilliams
    • By BrianWilliams 5th Dec 17, 5:57 PM
    • 38Posts
    • 5Thanks
    BrianWilliams
    Lawn Bowls with a narrow bias
    • 5th Dec 17, 5:57 PM
    Lawn Bowls with a narrow bias 5th Dec 17 at 5:57 PM
    For playing Bowls indoor either short Mat or Long Mat I understand Bowls with a Narrow Bias are preferable. I am looking to purchase a second hand set as I do not want to spend a lot of money on a new set. I was wondering what brands types of bowls have a narrow or straight bias. Thank You
Page 1
    • AnneMarie4687
    • By AnneMarie4687 5th Dec 17, 7:14 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    AnneMarie4687
    • 5th Dec 17, 7:14 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 7:14 PM
    You could try Hensilite Tiger, Almark Sterling Slimline or Drakes Pride Fineline .All these I believe have a narrow bias. Often Bowls clubs themselves have bowls for sale . Alternatively look on E Bay or Gumtree but then you are buying blind. If possible best to try out the Bowls before you buy or at least get the feel of them for grip, size and weight.
    • captainbeaker
    • By captainbeaker 6th Dec 17, 8:57 AM
    • 297 Posts
    • 522 Thanks
    captainbeaker
    • 6th Dec 17, 8:57 AM
    • 6th Dec 17, 8:57 AM
    If possible I would suggest sticking to the same manufacturer as they should have similar grips and feel to your current model. what bowls are you currently using? On a fast indoor surface it is probably better considering a heavyweight bowl so they are harder to dislodge.
    It may also be good to see if someone could let you borrow there bowls for an end or two so you can see the difference between those and your own.
    • ThirdThoughts
    • By ThirdThoughts 12th Dec 17, 11:44 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ThirdThoughts
    • 12th Dec 17, 11:44 AM
    • 12th Dec 17, 11:44 AM
    Hensilite Tiger are straight bowls and are probably in my opinion more suitable to short mat bowling than outside lawn Bowls. You will lucky if you find a sceond hand cheap set, I have been looking for some time and have found nothing yet. I only require them as a second set and don't want to buy a new set at the high price. I prefer my Drake Pride set with a bias for outside bowling
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,464Posts Today

7,301Users online

Martin's Twitter