Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Michaelz16
    • By Michaelz16 5th Dec 17, 5:49 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Michaelz16
    Indigo Parking Fine - a cross-hatchet job
    • 5th Dec 17, 5:49 PM
    Indigo Parking Fine - a cross-hatchet job 5th Dec 17 at 5:49 PM
    I recently parked at my local Indigo car park and, as I have an electric vehicle, I headed for the charging parking points to find no empty bays anywhere in the car park and two non electric cars parked in the designated charging bays.
    The usual panic took place as the train departure time loomed and I put my vehicle in a bay which had hatched lines. It was in the centre of a long line of bays and at one time must have had a street lamp on that spot. The lines were very worn and covered with leaves- albeit I knew they were there.
    I caught the train, bought a ticket on their mobile app and then found a PCN on the windscreen on my return.
    The ticket stated that I had parked in Breach of Code: 4 -Parked on yellow lines or cross-hatched area.
    I went and read the regulations which state that one shouldn't park on cross hatched areas.
    I also went and photographed the petrol vehicles which were parked in the electric vehicle only bays- neither of which had PCNs.
    I have two choices - either I go through the process as outlined in the newbie section or I appeal on the basis that I parked on a hatched area not a cross-hatched area.
    In my work I have to know the difference between a hatched and a cross hatched area so, whilst it's a minor point, their regulations are inaccurate.
    Yellow lines I understand to be single or double, but lines can be hatched or cross-hatched. I parked in one type which is not covered by their regulations.
    What would you advise as the better option? The form -as per newbies or fight them on the hatching ( and moan about petrol cars parked in electric bays) ?
    14 days are up this week.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 5th Dec 17, 5:54 PM
    • 16,895 Posts
    • 20,992 Thanks
    Redx
    • 5th Dec 17, 5:54 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 5:54 PM
    any appeal is likely to be turned down , but do so anyway as KEEPER

as bylaws apply , the TOC has 6 months to take you to Magistrates Court

POPLA IS NOT AN OPTION ANY LONGER
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,062Posts Today

6,394Users online

Martin's Twitter