Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • crisN
    • By crisN 5th Dec 17, 2:59 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    crisN
    Letting agent went into rental without permission
    • 5th Dec 17, 2:59 PM
    Letting agent went into rental without permission 5th Dec 17 at 2:59 PM
    Hi,
    My daughter and son in law have told their landlady that they don't wish to renew their tenancy after two and a half years of (almost) problem free renting.
    The Tenancy finishes in five weeks time and they have seen it advertised but have had no viewings, my daughter noticed a week or so ago that the flat using old photos was taken down. She then spotted yesterday that the letting agents have put another advert up using photographs of the flat with their furniture and several photographs of my grandson along with his name in large letters on the wall of his bedroom and school certificates! They have obviously entered the flat while my daughter and Son-in Law have been at work and taken these photographs without permission or notice. This is a well known estate agent! When they phoned yesterday they were told that it was miscommunication between themselves and the landlady. Most of the photos were taken off.
    Although still leaving one showing my grandson and school certificates, this has now been taken down.. We have asked for a full report of how this happened. The Letting Agents have now admitted that it was a junior member of staff who is at fault and the Branch has apologised.
    We want some redress for this as my daughter is very upset by this, what should they do when they have the report? The landlady who apologised on behalf of the Letting Agents wants to have new photographs taken which of course my daughter has agreed to as per the Contract with the correct notice. Any advise on how they stand legally?
Page 3
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 5th Dec 17, 8:09 PM
    • 6,259 Posts
    • 6,037 Thanks
    davidmcn
    I still want to know what redress were you expecting in addition to the photos being removed considering you say you don't want financial compensation??
    Originally posted by PersianCatLady
    Of course, the OP wouldn't be entitled to compensation anyway as they're not actually anything to do with it, other than being a parent of one of the tenants.

I am bewildered at the number of posts here by people poking their noses into the property renting/owning lives of their adult children, who I presume are capable of working an internet forum themselves if they actually wanted our advice.
    • PersianCatLady
    • By PersianCatLady 5th Dec 17, 8:21 PM
    • 346 Posts
    • 327 Thanks
    PersianCatLady
    Of course, the OP wouldn't be entitled to compensation anyway as they're not actually anything to do with it, other than being a parent of one of the tenants.

I am bewildered at the number of posts here by people poking their noses into the property renting/owning lives of their adult children, who I presume are capable of working an internet forum themselves if they actually wanted our advice.
    Originally posted by davidmcn
    I know that they are not entitled to anything but I just wondered what the OP was hoping to get from this.
    • Pixie5740
    • By Pixie5740 5th Dec 17, 8:56 PM
    • 11,196 Posts
    • 15,643 Thanks
    Pixie5740
    I know that they are not entitled to anything but I just wondered what the OP was hoping to get from this.
    Originally posted by PersianCatLady
    A full detailed report stating how this event occurred, lessons learned, and actions that shall be taken to prevent this sort of thing ever happening again because the OP has never made a mistake whilst doing his/her job.
    Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds nought and six, result misery.
    • PersianCatLady
    • By PersianCatLady 5th Dec 17, 9:21 PM
    • 346 Posts
    • 327 Thanks
    PersianCatLady
    A full detailed report stating how this event occurred, lessons learned, and actions that shall be taken to prevent this sort of thing ever happening again because the OP has never made a mistake whilst doing his/her job.
    Originally posted by Pixie5740
    Also, an apology delivered by the person in question whilst kneeling at the OP's feet.
    • FBaby
    • By FBaby 6th Dec 17, 7:37 AM
    • 16,119 Posts
    • 40,021 Thanks
    FBaby
    Putting photographs of my Grandson with his name address and school without either the knowledge or permission of his parents is a big deal and illegal.
    This whole picture on line business is making people totally paranoid! The whole issue around it is to protect vulnerable kids, who indeed are at risk of exploitation. What do you think is going to happen to your grandson because there was a picture of him with his first name and school on a renting website? Are you imagining some psycho is going to see it and decide to go and try to kidnap him at school just because he saw the picture? When you really think about it, it is very far from being a BIG DEAL.

The agency has acted unprofessional, but have responded to it adequately. If they are using the agency again, maybe they could ask for a gesture of goodwill and a reduction in the next fees, but otherwise, what else do you want? Write to the papers to make it first page news, warning anyone to use the agency?
    • mchale
    • By mchale 6th Dec 17, 11:34 AM
    • 1,658 Posts
    • 931 Thanks
    mchale
    How would/could the LL know if there was a gas or water leak?
    Originally posted by G_M

As in post 40, and tenants are away on holiday
    ANURADHA KOIRALA ??? go on throw it in google.
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 6th Dec 17, 12:27 PM
    • 4,014 Posts
    • 2,497 Thanks
    csgohan4
    this post helped me enjoy my lunch, life is indeed too short to worry about things you have no control over in the past. Snowflake comes to mind
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

217Posts Today

1,922Users online

Martin's Twitter