Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jimjam75
    • By jimjam75 5th Dec 17, 1:57 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jimjam75
    IAS Appeal Procedure Quesiton
    • 5th Dec 17, 1:57 PM
    IAS Appeal Procedure Quesiton 5th Dec 17 at 1:57 PM
    Hi - I recently received a PCN and following the instructions on the notice I made an appeal the IAS after my appeal to the parking company was rejected. In my appeal to the IAS I gave my full reasons and case for the appeal.

The parking company has replied with their evidence. The next step is that I am given 8 days to respond. Is this simply an opportunity to respond to their response? I did the right thing by laying all my cards on the table in my initial appeal to the IAS.org.

I'm aware that the chances are very much stacked against me but I do retain a small hope since the company did not address the points which make my case.

Jim.
Page 1
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 5th Dec 17, 2:11 PM
    • 1,136 Posts
    • 1,161 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 5th Dec 17, 2:11 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 2:11 PM
    Well yes, you do get to rebut their case. But dont expect this to be listened to - unless you have proven your case (the opposite of the burden of proof in a real court, of course) to the point even the scam artists at the IAS cant turn it down, then yore at about a 50:50 chance.
    • jimjam75
    • By jimjam75 5th Dec 17, 10:30 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jimjam75
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:30 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:30 PM
    Clearly IAS are not impartial, why else would they prevent you from copying and pasting into the appeals section? A clear case of making us jump through hoops.

If I lose the appeal and end up in court and lose would the judge likely enforce the increased amounts the the car parking company will demand with each letter, or could I be expected to pay the original fine plus some expense worst case?

I am quite happy to go to court, I have been to a small claims court before and quite enjoyed the experience if I am honest. I can't see how a judge could rule in faovur of the car parking company since thecharge does not follow the Protection of Freedoms Act as well as the company operating outside of the code of practice set out by their trade association body.

Just wondering what may be the worst case scenario, thanks!

J.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 5th Dec 17, 10:39 PM
    • 16,868 Posts
    • 20,947 Thanks
    Redx
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:39 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:39 PM
    a typical worse case scenario in the small claims court where costs are capped is about £175, but could be less
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • jimjam75
    • By jimjam75 7th Dec 17, 1:54 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jimjam75
    • 7th Dec 17, 1:54 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 1:54 PM
    Since the car parking company insists that the drivers contractually agreed to an extortinate parking fee can i write to them and tell them that there is a £100 processing fee for each letter or demand that they send me. Any further demands are a contractual agreement to pay this amount.

Of course I am being factitious but how does this differ from their claim? How is this supported by law when it is nothing more than opportunistic profiteering at the expense of the public.

Can you imagine how void of pleasure your life would be working for or owning a car parking company,?a 'career' with zero job satisfaction. Genuinely you have to pity these morons.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Dec 17, 2:14 PM
    • 33,478 Posts
    • 17,356 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:14 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:14 PM
    You can write what you like.

Though do appreciate the futility of IAS appeals,!
    • jimjam75
    • By jimjam75 7th Dec 17, 2:20 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jimjam75
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:20 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:20 PM
    I guess at the end of the day if I take up even an hour of a car parking companies time or resources it has been a worthwhile exercise....
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Dec 17, 2:36 PM
    • 33,478 Posts
    • 17,356 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:36 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:36 PM
    Depends on what value you put on your own time!!
    • hoohoo
    • By hoohoo 8th Dec 17, 11:28 AM
    • 1,676 Posts
    • 3,109 Thanks
    hoohoo
    • 8th Dec 17, 11:28 AM
    • 8th Dec 17, 11:28 AM
    You are asking the wrong question. The only relevant question (along with the answer) is;

Q. What will the IAS barista rule?
    A. The barista will reject the appeal.

Baristas do not have the time or competence to go into the details of the case. What do you think this is? A genuine appeals service or something!
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,692Posts Today

8,338Users online

Martin's Twitter