Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Slipper5
    • By Slipper5 5th Dec 17, 1:52 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Slipper5
    Nationwide Rates
    • 5th Dec 17, 1:52 PM
    Nationwide Rates 5th Dec 17 at 1:52 PM
    Any advice??
    Mortgage deal coming to an end and have a letter offering us an initial rate of 1.84% fixed for 2 years. I tried to go online and apply for this, 2 days after receiving the letter to find that the rate available is now over 4%. Went into the branch and spoke to several people who were all surprised about this, but there is nothing they can do.

I appreciate rates change but by over 2% in such a short space of time? Anything I can do apart from looking at other providers and complain that the letter must have taken nearly a month to reach me therefore not giving me the opportunity to take advantage of it?

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Neutrinno
    • By Neutrinno 5th Dec 17, 2:20 PM
    • 151 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    Neutrinno
    • 5th Dec 17, 2:20 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 2:20 PM
    Surely that is an error or there are other products available instead? Their SVR has recently rose to 3.99%, are you sure aren't getting this confused with that?

I'd check again because I'm fairly certain rates similar to what you already saw will still be available.

If not luck, then maybe try using a broker who can search the whole of the market for you?
    I am a Mortgage Broker.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Slipper5
    • By Slipper5 5th Dec 17, 2:33 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Slipper5
    • 5th Dec 17, 2:33 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 2:33 PM
    No error unfortunately, the advisers at the branch didnt understand when they saw it either. I think I have just missed out on that rate, just seems unfair that I didnt receive the letter in time to take advantage of it...
    • Richey_
    • By Richey_ 5th Dec 17, 2:37 PM
    • 287 Posts
    • 323 Thanks
    Richey_
    • 5th Dec 17, 2:37 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 2:37 PM
    It may be time to remortgage to another provider!
    • Neutrinno
    • By Neutrinno 5th Dec 17, 2:38 PM
    • 151 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    Neutrinno
    • 5th Dec 17, 2:38 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 2:38 PM
    No error unfortunately, the advisers at the branch didnt understand when they saw it either. I think I have just missed out on that rate, just seems unfair that I didnt receive the letter in time to take advantage of it...
    Originally posted by Slipper5
    Have you tried looking on their website for customers looking to switch products?

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/mortgages/existing-customer-switching/what-we-can-offer#tab:Whatwecanoffer
    I am a Mortgage Broker.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,470Posts Today

8,751Users online

Martin's Twitter