Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MagicBeans
    • By MagicBeans 5th Dec 17, 1:48 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 103Thanks
    MagicBeans
    A new leaf in a very worn book
    • 5th Dec 17, 1:48 PM
    A new leaf in a very worn book 5th Dec 17 at 1:48 PM
    Hello to all who may stumble across my little page in the forum.

2016 held a lot of changes for me, and with it, a lot of promise for 2017. Unfortunately 2017 hasn't delivered. But there's still 27 days left of the year, including today, the 5th December. Still time to make some positive changes. Today started as many others have, then slowly trickled downhill. But that doesn't mean today has to end on a downward spiral, a depressing note. Today can end with the promise of tomorrow. Of things getting better. Of a "new leaf" in my tired old book.

Wednesday 6th December will mark 26 days until the end of the year and I am going to try my very best to go out with a bang, with a smile! I am going to start changing my mindset and my habits and am going to document it here, for history's sake.

Feel free to read along as I take steps to improve my financial situation, to get out of debt, and to live a more frugal life. Say hello if you stop by and give me some company. I'll appreciate it!

To the future!

Out for now,

Beans.
Page 1
    • MagicBeans
    • By MagicBeans 5th Dec 17, 2:02 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 103 Thanks
    MagicBeans
    • 5th Dec 17, 2:02 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 2:02 PM
    Ok, time for some plans!

There's 8ish hours left today until I go to bed so I thought, why not start listing some of the positive changes I want to make? This will give me a headstart come tomorrow.

Little steps I will take for the better:

~ Start counting calories using a free app, allowing myself an allowance based on a free site I found online.
    This will have multiple benefits;
    1. It will help to stop me from gaining any more weight and having to buy new clothes (everything's starting to get a little bit too tight of late from gaining a fair bit this last 12 months or so!) for everyday use.
    2. It will hopefully help towards me not having to buy something new to wear for the work Christmas party - IF I can shrink into some old stuff in time (maybe it's too late for this already as it's on the 21st, but only time will tell!!)
    3. It will stop me spending any more money on extra food this evening, which will save me money too!

~ Eat dinner from home "stores" as much as possible, to save on grocery costs. This will free up some space from my very crammed fridge, freezer and cupboards and will save money too. Yay! Might have to get, erm, inventive, with some combinations.
    Last edited by MagicBeans; 05-12-2017 at 7:55 PM.
    • redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 5th Dec 17, 2:21 PM
    • 621 Posts
    • 3,531 Thanks
    redofromstart
    • 5th Dec 17, 2:21 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 2:21 PM
    Happy new diary, and good luck with your plans
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 5th Dec 17, 5:48 PM
    • 49,035 Posts
    • 182,064 Thanks
    beanielou
    • 5th Dec 17, 5:48 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 5:48 PM
    Happy shiny new diary
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

728Posts Today

4,505Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: Should pubs and restaurants be made by law to allow non customers (behaving reasonably) to use their toilets?

• Nice debating with (all but the rude ones) of you. Bedtime for me now. Goodnight #bbcqt

• RT @kevmthomas: @MartinSLewis It was a comment you made about the referendum being a binary choice on a non binary issue that helped me rea?

• Follow Martin