Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fitnessguy1
    • By fitnessguy1 5th Dec 17, 1:14 PM
    • 488Posts
    • 400Thanks
    fitnessguy1
    universal jobmatch/jobsearch. do you have to be on benefits to apply for jobs there?
    • 5th Dec 17, 1:14 PM
    universal jobmatch/jobsearch. do you have to be on benefits to apply for jobs there? 5th Dec 17 at 1:14 PM
    i was looking on there for work, but when i press apply it doesn't allow me to without a log in. is the site solely for universal credit/job seekers to search for work? if so, can the jobs which are posted on there be found elsewhere?
Page 1
    • Energize
    • By Energize 5th Dec 17, 1:55 PM
    • 377 Posts
    • 127 Thanks
    Energize
    • 5th Dec 17, 1:55 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 1:55 PM
    No, anyone can create an account on it...
    • Comms69
    • By Comms69 5th Dec 17, 2:08 PM
    • 1,270 Posts
    • 1,033 Thanks
    Comms69
    • 5th Dec 17, 2:08 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 2:08 PM
    i was looking on there for work, but when i press apply it doesn't allow me to without a log in. is the site solely for universal credit/job seekers to search for work? if so, can the jobs which are posted on there be found elsewhere?
    Originally posted by fitnessguy1
    Have you tried actually registering?
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 5th Dec 17, 2:57 PM
    • 1,469 Posts
    • 7,441 Thanks
    NBLondon
    • 5th Dec 17, 2:57 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 2:57 PM
    Originally posted by fitnessguy1
    As said above - just go ahead and register. Many of the jobs on there are taken from the generic jobsites like Monster and CV Library but some are where an employer has gone direct to the JobCentre+. Depends on what sort of job you are looking for whether those are going to be useful to you.
    This Be the Verse - Philip Larkin. The first line that everyone knows.
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 5th Dec 17, 6:21 PM
    • 1,013 Posts
    • 559 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 5th Dec 17, 6:21 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 6:21 PM
    Jobs that require you to apply through the Universal Jobmatch system require you to log in, otherwise you'd get taken straight to a page on an external website.

That being said, this is probably not the best thing since sliced bread it claims to be but 99% of the jobs on it you can probably find through other sites like Reed, Indeed and CV-Library - especially the agency vacancies.
    • Energize
    • By Energize 5th Dec 17, 6:38 PM
    • 377 Posts
    • 127 Thanks
    Energize
    • 5th Dec 17, 6:38 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 6:38 PM
    Jobs that require you to apply through the Universal Jobmatch system require you to log in, otherwise you'd get taken straight to a page on an external website.

That being said, this is probably not the best thing since sliced bread it claims to be but 99% of the jobs on it you can probably find through other sites like Reed, Indeed and CV-Library - especially the agency vacancies.
    Originally posted by Neil Jones
    Indeed, when I was last jobhunting it was just littered with self employer Avon catalog seller positions.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 5th Dec 17, 6:47 PM
    • 7,710 Posts
    • 5,573 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 5th Dec 17, 6:47 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 6:47 PM
    It has improved a lot over the years, but then, it couldn't have got any worse
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

334Posts Today

2,304Users online

Martin's Twitter