Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Beckie1406
    • By Beckie1406 5th Dec 17, 1:08 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Beckie1406
    Parking eye appeal
    • 5th Dec 17, 1:08 PM
    Parking eye appeal 5th Dec 17 at 1:08 PM
    Hi I'm a newbie

I followed Martin's guide on appealing a parking eye ticket. My husband was driving but I have failed to identify him as the driver as per the advice.
    There was no barrier or information in the hotel he went to to advise of charges. He was there for 43 minutes and they want £60 in 14 days. He didn't see signs as it was dark.

They have written to say the appeal is on hold while they await more information and it looks like they want me to name the driver.

What should I do now?

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • MikeHammer
    • By MikeHammer 5th Dec 17, 1:12 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    MikeHammer
    • 5th Dec 17, 1:12 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 1:12 PM
    First step - remove any references to who was driving and use "the keeper" and "the driver" where applicable..

Second step - spend some time read the various sticky threads in this forum, particularly the Newbies thread that answers your questions..
    • Redx
    • By Redx 5th Dec 17, 3:22 PM
    • 16,937 Posts
    • 21,072 Thanks
    Redx
    • 5th Dec 17, 3:22 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 3:22 PM
    you SHOULD have followed the advice in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread at the top of this forum (not martins advice)

this is what you still need to be doing too, following that NEWBIES sticky thread , so start drafting your popla appeal (see post #3 of that thread) whilst awaiting a popla code
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Beckie1406
    • By Beckie1406 5th Dec 17, 4:09 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Beckie1406
    • 5th Dec 17, 4:09 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 4:09 PM
    So should I write back saying I'm appealing as the keeper or do nothing and wait for the code?
    Never fought one of these before
    • Redx
    • By Redx 5th Dec 17, 4:20 PM
    • 16,937 Posts
    • 21,072 Thanks
    Redx
    • 5th Dec 17, 4:20 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 4:20 PM
    do nothing other than prepare a popla appeal

wait for code , appeal to popla
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Beckie1406
    • By Beckie1406 5th Dec 17, 5:42 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Beckie1406
    • 5th Dec 17, 5:42 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 5:42 PM
    Looking at the sticky thread it appears I have the 'golden ticket' without the paragraph on the end.

Wish I'd seen this before I sent the letter.

The original paperwork says date of event 2/11
    Issued 14/11 and we received on 17/11

Am I also right in thinking that they took too long to issue?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 5th Dec 17, 5:51 PM
    • 16,937 Posts
    • 21,072 Thanks
    Redx
    • 5th Dec 17, 5:51 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 5:51 PM
    it is worth a try , yes

in theory it is deemed to take 2 days to deliver a letter , so depends when it was postmarked , so they either cut it close or failed

and if the POFA2012 paragraph is not there , they are not following POFA2012 so the keeper has no liability (a golden ticket)
    Newbies !!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

374Posts Today

1,649Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin