Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • williacg
    • By williacg 5th Dec 17, 12:56 PM
    • 652Posts
    • 717Thanks
    williacg
    Problem When Setting Up Laptop - Help!
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:56 PM
    Problem When Setting Up Laptop - Help! 5th Dec 17 at 12:56 PM
    Hello there,

I'm hoping that some kindly soul(s) might help me out with a problem that I am having with a refurbished laptop that I have just purchased, as each time I attempt to visit a web-site, I receive the following error message:-

"To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has blocked this site from displaying content with security certificate errors. The security certificare presented by this website has expired or is not yet valdid. Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any date you send by the server"

I'm given to options, the first is to close the webpage, which is advised, and the option to continue, which is not recommended, with a red warning box

Apologies in advance if I appear a little dim, as I'm not the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to computer troubleshooting.

Thanks in advance for any advice
Page 1
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 5th Dec 17, 1:28 PM
    • 3,011 Posts
    • 2,081 Thanks
    AndyPix
    • 5th Dec 17, 1:28 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 1:28 PM
    Is the time/date correct on your machine ?
    Running with scissors since 1978
    • williacg
    • By williacg 5th Dec 17, 2:34 PM
    • 652 Posts
    • 717 Thanks
    williacg
    • 5th Dec 17, 2:34 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 2:34 PM
    Is the time/date correct on your machine ?
    Originally posted by AndyPix
    Thank you, I've just updated it and it seems to be working properly,

Thanks again for your help, it's appreciated.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,986Posts Today

10,224Users online

Martin's Twitter