Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ParkingFineBlues
    • By ParkingFineBlues 5th Dec 17, 12:34 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ParkingFineBlues
    Premier Parking Solutions PCN
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:34 PM
    Premier Parking Solutions PCN 5th Dec 17 at 12:34 PM
    Hi folks,

Like many others, I have also received a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) from Premier Parking Solutions following a stay at Fore Street, Totnes car park. I received a letter in the post addressed to me, advising that '...we have been informed that you were the keeper of vehicle registration number XXXX XXX and that the vehicle was observed to have contravened the parking regulations as clearly set down and displayed on signage in the car park.'

The letter goes on to give the times of me entering and departing the location, with photographic evidence of my vehicle, followed by...'Therefore it has been demonstrated that the vehicle has remained at the location for longer than permitted or no pay and display ticket was purchased, thereby contravening the parking regulations advertised on the signage on site.'

I have not replied to the letter but am tempted to pay the £60 and move on. I parked in one of their parking spaces without buying a ticket. TBH I don't know why I didn't, it just slipped my mind. I was parked there for 38 mins as I dropped someone off. I was out of the vehicle for only 10 mins of this time.

£60 seems like a huge fine for a short time there. Any chance I can reduced this, or ignore the letter. Or should I just own up to it and pay the £60 before it rises to £100.

I am tempted to write to them saying that the amount is disproportionate and that I am willing to pay £30 in full and final settlement.

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 5th Dec 17, 12:44 PM
    • 4,734 Posts
    • 3,072 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:44 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:44 PM
    I am tempted to write to them saying that the amount is disproportionate and that I am willing to pay £30 in full and final settlement.
    Originally posted by ParkingFineBlues
    That won't be accepted.
    • ParkingFineBlues
    • By ParkingFineBlues 5th Dec 17, 12:49 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ParkingFineBlues
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:49 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:49 PM
    Thanks for the advice. What now though?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 5th Dec 17, 12:53 PM
    • 4,734 Posts
    • 3,072 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:53 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:53 PM
    Well you have a choice - either pay them the amount they are asking for or fight.

If you want to fight, have a read of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.
    It has all the guidance you need.

Please do come back if you have any specific questions.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 5th Dec 17, 12:56 PM
    • 33,486 Posts
    • 17,366 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:56 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:56 PM
    If you want to fight then you need to edit your OP to remove details of who was driving (the advice throughout here is not to reveal the driver's identity)

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

344Posts Today

1,534Users online

Martin's Twitter