Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Asmoosy
    • By Asmoosy 5th Dec 17, 11:58 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Asmoosy
    Wochester or Vaillant
    • 5th Dec 17, 11:58 AM
    Wochester or Vaillant 5th Dec 17 at 11:58 AM
    So my eyes are set on a wochester 30i.
    Long story short I had a quote for £2077 which I thought was good and now that's not happening I have a new guy.
    He's really pushing a vaillant and as far as I can see it has good reviews and it's £100 cheaper.

But his quote for a 30i is under £1900 and wochester are the leading brand?

What are people's experiences with both, my guy is telling me to go with the best.
Page 1
    • SuzieSue
    • By SuzieSue 5th Dec 17, 12:26 PM
    • 3,695 Posts
    • 3,984 Thanks
    SuzieSue
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:26 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:26 PM
    How many years warranty are you getting for each?
    • Alex1983
    • By Alex1983 5th Dec 17, 1:01 PM
    • 657 Posts
    • 369 Thanks
    Alex1983
    • 5th Dec 17, 1:01 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 1:01 PM
    Both decent imo and very common. I’d picked the Vaillant over the Worcester every single time though. Every one will recommend different based on there own experience and opinions.
    • Asmoosy
    • By Asmoosy 5th Dec 17, 1:36 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Asmoosy
    • 5th Dec 17, 1:36 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 1:36 PM
    Wochester comes with 10 if I add the filter which I'm doing anyway, so both come with 10.
    • Asmoosy
    • By Asmoosy 5th Dec 17, 1:37 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Asmoosy
    • 5th Dec 17, 1:37 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 1:37 PM
    I have a 1998 ferrloli so anyone would be better, but i do want the most efficient
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 5th Dec 17, 2:32 PM
    • 2,216 Posts
    • 1,126 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 5th Dec 17, 2:32 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 2:32 PM
    Just don't try to buy a Wochester; it's a Worcester!
    • Doozergirl
    • By Doozergirl 5th Dec 17, 4:20 PM
    • 24,048 Posts
    • 66,630 Thanks
    Doozergirl
    • 5th Dec 17, 4:20 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 4:20 PM
    I’d like to know how you’re pronouncing it if you spell it like that .

I moved from London to Worcestershire when i was 25. I remember having a stencil map of UK counties when I was very small and wondering who would live in a place that is impossible to spell or pronouce. It turned out that I would

It’s pronounced Wuster and Wustershire. I’m quite tempted to spell it like that when I order off the internet now.

I’d buy the Worcester as they have a great track record in our companyand they do have a local presence, but they’re both leading.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
    • Asmoosy
    • By Asmoosy 5th Dec 17, 6:50 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Asmoosy
    • 5th Dec 17, 6:50 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 6:50 PM
    Sorry my auto correct on my phone...
    • DaftyDuck
    • By DaftyDuck 5th Dec 17, 7:22 PM
    • 3,865 Posts
    • 7,873 Thanks
    DaftyDuck
    • 5th Dec 17, 7:22 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 7:22 PM
    I sometimes work with Americans, always on the end of a phone, or Skype, thank goodness. One asked me if I knew what was in Worse ses sterchire sauce. With the accent, it took quite a while to crack the code.

I really like Vaillant. The two gassy fitters I know well definitely prefer them to Worcester. But, both seem well-liked by owners and fitters alike.
    • bris
    • By bris 5th Dec 17, 8:12 PM
    • 7,087 Posts
    • 6,104 Thanks
    bris
    The problem with Worcester boilers is they are more Bosch that the old Worcester now, no where near as good.

The old Worcester had a reputation for good reason, the new Worcester Bosch simply don't live up to that reputation.

I'm not saying they are bad now, not at all, but others have caught up and the premium price is simply not worth it.
    • betsie
    • By betsie 5th Dec 17, 8:30 PM
    • 311 Posts
    • 346 Thanks
    betsie
    My OH is a plumber and only fits Valliant boilers and says they are much better.

British Gas only fit Worcester Bosch boilers because they get them for a good price not because they are the best.
    • Alex1983
    • By Alex1983 5th Dec 17, 9:07 PM
    • 657 Posts
    • 369 Thanks
    Alex1983
    My OH is a plumber and only fits Valliant boilers and says they are much better.

British Gas only fit Worcester Bosch boilers because they get them for a good price not because they are the best.
    Originally posted by betsie
    Your comment about BG are just not true, they donít get Worcester boilers a lot cheaper, they obviously get them a bit cheaper, they buy thousands of boilers but they donít get the same warranty and Worcester doesnít usually do any warranty repairs, BG do it there self. They also fit just as many Vaillant and glow worms.
    • giraffe69
    • By giraffe69 6th Dec 17, 1:04 AM
    • 2,213 Posts
    • 1,943 Thanks
    giraffe69
    I ended up buying a Worcester Bosch boiler and thus far(not quite a year) it's reliable an efficient. My installer suggested I chose between the appropriate Worcester or a Viessmann. I did some research and whilst views differed there were a few who wanted to damn WB but I couldn't quite see the reason they did so.
    • southcoastrgi
    • By southcoastrgi 6th Dec 17, 10:55 PM
    • 5,250 Posts
    • 3,056 Thanks
    southcoastrgi
    If you want the most efficient then neither of them
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
    • JEN22
    • By JEN22 7th Dec 17, 4:04 AM
    • 350 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    JEN22
    Baxi every day
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,016Posts Today

9,496Users online

Martin's Twitter