Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kfsimpson
    • By kfsimpson 5th Dec 17, 11:51 AM
    • 60Posts
    • 24Thanks
    kfsimpson
    Large parcel 35 kg - best carrier to use?
    • 5th Dec 17, 11:51 AM
    Large parcel 35 kg - best carrier to use? 5th Dec 17 at 11:51 AM
    Weíre not regular Ebayers and have no experience of shipping items, so hope other forumites and Ebayers will be able to advise.

We have bought a secondhand electric tricycle which is currently stored at a family memberís house in Cambridge, and need to arrange for it to be brought to Devon. Most of the delivery services Iíve looked at so far donít seem to be able to handle such large items. It will weigh 30-35 kg once crated, and the size will be 200cmx100cmx100cm. Which carriers can handle such a large item, and which ones can people recommend for value and reliability?

Thanks in anticipation.
Page 1
    • Ting-Tang
    • By Ting-Tang 5th Dec 17, 12:10 PM
    • 119 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    Ting-Tang
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:10 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:10 PM
    I would say just a "man with a van" / local courier would be your best bet, there's plenty of them around nowadays.
    • RFW
    • By RFW 5th Dec 17, 12:42 PM
    • 8,500 Posts
    • 4,953 Thanks
    RFW
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:42 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:42 PM
    I would say just a "man with a van" / local courier would be your best bet, there's plenty of them around nowadays.
    Originally posted by Ting-Tang
    I'd also agree with that, although given the distance it might not be that cheap. Maybe try and find someone who does regular runs from Cambridge to Devon.

Might also be worth looking at pallet delivery services from the couriers, especially if its packed well
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 5th Dec 17, 12:43 PM
    • 4,457 Posts
    • 3,829 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:43 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:43 PM
    UPS may be able to deliver this. You would get a better price going through Parcel2Go. Or you could try a company that would take it on a pallet. As long as both properties can be accessed by a vehicle the size of a rubbish lorry it could be the cheaper option. If you do a Google search there are plenty of companies that offer it. You normally get much more insurance as standard this way and there is less chance of it being thrown about or having things put on top of it.
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 5th Dec 17, 12:44 PM
    • 4,457 Posts
    • 3,829 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:44 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:44 PM
    shiply.com is also a good website if you want to use man and van. Drivers looking for a return load look on this website and often do it cheap just so they get income on the way home.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,728Posts Today

6,346Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin