Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ben Fogles Dog
    • By Ben Fogles Dog 5th Dec 17, 11:12 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ben Fogles Dog
    How Long for IHT400 to be reviewed fully?
    • 5th Dec 17, 11:12 AM
    How Long for IHT400 to be reviewed fully? 5th Dec 17 at 11:12 AM
    In January I submitted an IHT400 for my Mothers estate. In February I received a response from HMRC advising that they had done a provisional calculation for inheritance tax due (which was paid) along with the advice that "We will now start looking at your account in more detail.....This means that the amount of tax and interest shown on our provisional calcuations may not be the final amount of inheritance tax due"

Has anyone any experience of how long this can take? My mothers estate was relatively simple, a small house and some savings in an ISA. SUbsequent to the house sale I submitted an IHT 38 as the house sold for less than declared on IHT 400 but I have heard nothing back since February.

To make matters worse I am unable to get through on the helpline which is "temporarily unavailable"
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

129Posts Today

2,862Users online

Martin's Twitter