Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Denise105
    • By Denise105 5th Dec 17, 10:39 AM
    • 20Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Denise105
    How do I reply to this email from Highview
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:39 AM
    How do I reply to this email from Highview 5th Dec 17 at 10:39 AM
    Hi

Can I ask for some advice. I don't think this is covered by any of the sticky threads, for newbies, so hope I can ask!?

I posted the other week about a fine for Highview. Long story short, I appealed to them online as I hadn't been able to leave the car park due to gridlock traffic, so had gone over time. The notification from them also took 3 months to come through the post.

I ticked a box on the appeal to say it was my car and said my husband was driving - so I was told (on here) that that voided any attempts for me to get off the fine via the 14 day rule. However, today I got the email below from them. I don't want to reply and say the wrong thing.

Can anyone advise? By reissue, does it mean I am getting the 'ticket' again and lost the appeal? Can I say I refuse to give the information as they didn't ask for it within 14 days? And quote the legal bits I was given (on here) about keeper liability??

Thanks very much indeed,

Denise

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your correspondence concerning your Parking Charge Notice.

The representations stated in your correspondence have been noted and considered. In order to reissue this Notice, we will require the full name and address of the driver at the time this charge was incurred.

We are placing this Notice on hold for 14 days from the date of this email to allow you to provide the evidence requested.

Yours faithfully,
Page 1
    • Denise105
    • By Denise105 5th Dec 17, 10:41 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Denise105
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:41 AM
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:41 AM
    I am guessing, reading it again, they want to now send the ticket to my husband!
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 5th Dec 17, 11:02 AM
    • 3,870 Posts
    • 5,443 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 5th Dec 17, 11:02 AM
    • 5th Dec 17, 11:02 AM
    Its not a fine, and why have you attempted to name/identify the driver that you referred to as your husband?
    how do you know your husband didn't subsequently let , someone else drive?
    the answer is you don't know that, or cant be 100percent sure, so don't try and guess. refer to the driver as the driver.

what happened when you complained to the store/car park owner?
    If you haven't already then do so, but post your complaint here first as you appear to be bent on shooting yourself in the foot.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Castle
    • By Castle 5th Dec 17, 11:03 AM
    • 1,307 Posts
    • 1,697 Thanks
    Castle
    • 5th Dec 17, 11:03 AM
    • 5th Dec 17, 11:03 AM
    Ignore the email and wait for your POPLA code, (they have 35 days to send it).
    • bergkamp
    • By bergkamp 5th Dec 17, 11:50 AM
    • 88 Posts
    • 134 Thanks
    bergkamp
    • 5th Dec 17, 11:50 AM
    • 5th Dec 17, 11:50 AM
    One ticket one thread!

If you want correct advice please keep all updates in one thread...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5749125
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,042Posts Today

7,655Users online

Martin's Twitter