Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • marmiterulesok
    • By marmiterulesok 5th Dec 17, 10:30 AM
    • 7,410Posts
    • 33,627Thanks
    marmiterulesok
    Link to the thingy to input all your outgoings/see what's left every month
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:30 AM
    Link to the thingy to input all your outgoings/see what's left every month 5th Dec 17 at 10:30 AM
    Sorry, I don't even know what it's called but basically you list all your outgoing spends/salary etc and see what's left and people can give suggestions.
    I can't find it.Can anyone help?TIA.
    Nsd september 2/10
    I need to learn to budget again
Page 1
    • laurenturner
    • By laurenturner 5th Dec 17, 10:35 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 443 Thanks
    laurenturner
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:35 AM
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:35 AM
    https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/tools/budget-planner

This is a good one
    Current Savings: £2,313.37
    Make £10 a day November 2017 - £93.40/£300 December - £32.48/£155
    Save 7k in 2018 - £0/£7000
    • marmiterulesok
    • By marmiterulesok 5th Dec 17, 12:13 PM
    • 7,410 Posts
    • 33,627 Thanks
    marmiterulesok
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:13 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:13 PM
    Thanks, but the one I'm looking for is specifically used on MSE by many.At least it was, though I haven't checked.Not been on mse much recently.
    Nsd september 2/10
    • gizmorat
    • By gizmorat 5th Dec 17, 12:21 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    gizmorat
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:21 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:21 PM
    Thats a quite a good budget planner but if you want to post it on here for people to comment on you're better off using the SOA (statement of account) tool.

http://www.stoozing.com/calculator/soa.php

Fill it out based on your actual last few months spending

Press the green 'calculate' button (down towards the bottom of the form) in the Main functions section.

Press the 'save data' button (down even further) as you dont want to lose the data and it might take a few days to get all your information together.

When it's done (and saved) press the 'MSE' button in the 'Format results for discussion boards' section.

That button pops up a window with your SOA in.
    Press the 'highlight text' button and cut and paste the text into a new thread on here.

It's a bit of a faff but worth it in the end
    • marmiterulesok
    • By marmiterulesok 5th Dec 17, 12:27 PM
    • 7,410 Posts
    • 33,627 Thanks
    marmiterulesok
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:27 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:27 PM
    Thats a quite a good budget planner but if you want to post it on here for people to comment on you're better off using the SOA (statement of account) tool.

http://www.stoozing.com/calculator/soa.php

Fill it out based on your actual last few months spending

Press the green 'calculate' button (down towards the bottom of the form) in the Main functions section.

Press the 'save data' button (down even further) as you dont want to lose the data and it might take a few days to get all your information together.

When it's done (and saved) press the 'MSE' button in the 'Format results for discussion boards' section.

That button pops up a window with your SOA in.
    Press the 'highlight text' button and cut and paste the text into a new thread on here.

It's a bit of a faff but worth it in the end
    Originally posted by gizmorat
    As soon as I saw 'SOA' I knew that it was the right one.THANK YOU!!!!!!!
    Nsd september 2/10
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,635Posts Today

6,026Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin