Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • medindexer
    • By medindexer 5th Dec 17, 10:22 AM
    • 15Posts
    • 1Thanks
    medindexer
    Television Manual - LG TV
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:22 AM
    Television Manual - LG TV 5th Dec 17 at 10:22 AM
    I've recently bought an LG TV (43UH603V). The paper manual included was very very brief (expected) and not even specific to the model or related range of models (not expected). Not even a back of the TV shot to tell you what inputs and outputs there were. Some of the stuff they go on about is actually irrelevant to this model (e.g. a supposed magic remote operating via bluetooth) and there is no warning (e.g. some models do not have this feature)

Online, there is no other manual available. Effectively, it's £400 spent on a decent TV, whose value is reduced by the almost complete lack of how to operate this specific model.

They refer to the supposed TV help function, but this is very light on detail and you can't click on links to find out much other than the most basic stuff. When the do talk about something, they'll maybe mention an acronym like `the XYZ function', without even saying what it stands for. When I contact LG about , say, the back of the TV, all they do is send me rough screen shots with a pen encircling the function I'm asking about.

I find this staggering - the neglect to provide comprehensive information to the purchaser
Page 1
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 5th Dec 17, 10:31 AM
    • 10,278 Posts
    • 7,207 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:31 AM
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:31 AM
    http://www.lg.com/uk/support/support-product/lg-43UH603V
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 5th Dec 17, 11:44 AM
    • 18,679 Posts
    • 14,397 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 5th Dec 17, 11:44 AM
    • 5th Dec 17, 11:44 AM

I find this staggering - the neglect to provide comprehensive information to the purchaser
    Originally posted by medindexer
    I would have though that somewhere in the 59MB available to download in Neil's link there will be some comprehensive information
    • almillar
    • By almillar 5th Dec 17, 1:16 PM
    • 7,112 Posts
    • 2,859 Thanks
    almillar
    • 5th Dec 17, 1:16 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 1:16 PM
    Are you sure it didn't come with a USB stick (my Sharp TV) (or CD/DVD) with the manual as a .PDF? Anyway, it's not just TVs, manufacturers of most stuff have worked out that most people don't read the manual, so it's a cost to be cut supplying one, on paper at least.
    neilmcl has found it for you, but to be fair, it's the first thing that LG support should have been pointing you to.
    • medindexer
    • By medindexer 6th Dec 17, 9:24 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    medindexer
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:24 AM
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:24 AM
    To all of you, thanks, but I have both these (I thought I'd said that but maybe not). They are both poor. As I've said...
    1. they are not model-specific.
    2. They don't contain loads of information required such as a back view with key and codes to socket (loads of other things but his is just an example of a basic expectation
    3. Yes, save paper, but do (as most manufacturers do) provide an online downloadable. I agree totally that many if not most read manuals, but for those who want to use ALL the features, they are vital.
    4. One expects every feature available to be explained in full detail in a document
    5. I am discovering features not mentioned once in the manual just by accident but it takes hard work.
    The 2nd manual is identical what on-screen help does on the TV and is v poor too .
    If one buys a similar level of technology, like a camera with lots of features you expect a full manual - here there is none
    It's a Smart TV with Dumb manuals
    • almillar
    • By almillar 6th Dec 17, 12:55 PM
    • 7,112 Posts
    • 2,859 Thanks
    almillar
    • 6th Dec 17, 12:55 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 12:55 PM
    OK, I went to the site, clicked on the green icon under 'User Guide', and a page loaded with some nice icons. Going on what you seem to be asking for, I clicked 'See all', and got, basically, an index of topics. This looks like a perfectly good manual to me. It doesn't need to be model specific - your model will come in several sizes and possibly colours, for example. No need for separate manuals for this, or for the odd missing feature. If you want to discover things about your TV, feel free to read the entire manual there, or if you have any questions you need any answers to, that you can't find, feel free to ask here.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

368Posts Today

1,850Users online

Martin's Twitter