Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 80howard
    • By 80howard 5th Dec 17, 10:16 AM
    • 13Posts
    • 0Thanks
    80howard
    UK Window clean taking
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:16 AM
    UK Window clean taking 5th Dec 17 at 10:16 AM
    UK window clean are threatening to take me to court for unpaid bill even though I cancelled their services after their operative claimed to have cleaned the windows, despite them no t doing so (My mum was in all day). Unfortunately I did this in the first instance by telephone and I cannot remember when I did this (I am going to chase up previous bills to see if I can identify their number). They claim to have no record of the call. Their operative turned up again and did a very poor job, I emailed them clearly stating I wanted to cancel bu they
Page 1
    • cono1717
    • By cono1717 5th Dec 17, 10:49 AM
    • 644 Posts
    • 454 Thanks
    cono1717
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:49 AM
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:49 AM
    I'm not sure what happened to you before you got to finish this post but I am dying to know the end.

How many days between you emailing them and them supposedly saying they came to clean? What were the terms of the contract when you took them on?
    If the contract allows it (or doesn't specify) then written notice to their email should suffice in the court that you cancelled the contract with them and were paid up, however the contract may have a 30 day notice clause or something along those lines that could mean you do owe.
    • TadleyBaggie
    • By TadleyBaggie 5th Dec 17, 11:48 AM
    • 2,472 Posts
    • 1,804 Thanks
    TadleyBaggie
    • 5th Dec 17, 11:48 AM
    • 5th Dec 17, 11:48 AM
    Full post here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5755516
    • 80howard
    • By 80howard 5th Dec 17, 8:09 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    80howard
    • 5th Dec 17, 8:09 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 8:09 PM
    I pressed something by mistake before I finished!!!!

Full post....
    UK window clean are threatening to take me to court for unpaid bill even though I cancelled their services after their operative claimed to have cleaned the windows, despite them no t doing so (My mum was in all day). Unfortunately I did this in the first instance by telephone and I cannot remember when I did this (I am going to chase up previous bills to see if I can identify their number). They claim to have no record of the call. Their operative turned up again and did a very poor job, I emailed them clearly stating I wanted to cancel but they did not cancel the account. I emailed again and received a reply stashing a request had been made "to cancel the account".
    They have now sent a debt collectors letter to reclaim the outstanding amount and are threatening court action to reclaim if not paid.
    What are my rights in this matter?

Any help/advice gratefully received!

I only had a verbal agreement with them. I rang to cancel but the say they have no record of this call and claim operative did two further cleans, one they did appear to do as the windows were left streaky and dirty. We complained via email and stated again that we wanted to cancel and would not be paying. After a second email two weeks later saying the same we received a reply as stated above.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

129Posts Today

2,493Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin