Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • miasuqu
    • By miasuqu 5th Dec 17, 10:06 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    miasuqu
    Exchange shoes are not new
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:06 AM
    Exchange shoes are not new 5th Dec 17 at 10:06 AM
    Really unhappy with the service from Sweatshop
    I bought a new pair of running shoes online and they did not fit so sent them back for an exchange – they were returned new after trying them on inside

This pair I received in exchange were
    - dirty (marks from being worn) and hairs inside the soles (pictures attached
    - all labels removed and you can clearly see they have been worn and not merely tried on
    - all laces undone and the protective stuffing loose in the box

The replacement had clearly been worn and I took load of photos I sent to them

They ignored my emails and eventually I got a reply – very unhelpful and asked all the same detail again

They offer 15% off and then changed it to £10 refund – the shoes were £100 and I really do not feel that this was an honest transaction – If I wanted a second hand pair, ex display or imperfect shoes I would have bought from a place that sold shoes in these condition

Returning them is not an option as I already had to wait for the exchange and needed them for a specific date

What can I do? I really do feel that this was honest at all and they are trying to fob off old shoes online
Page 1
    • cono1717
    • By cono1717 5th Dec 17, 10:51 AM
    • 647 Posts
    • 457 Thanks
    cono1717
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:51 AM
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:51 AM
    Return them or take the £10 refund.

Since returning them is not an option, take the refund. The company only has to put you back to the position you would have been in which is a full refund on return, but you don't want to / can't do that so.
    • TadleyBaggie
    • By TadleyBaggie 5th Dec 17, 11:55 AM
    • 2,482 Posts
    • 1,816 Thanks
    TadleyBaggie
    • 5th Dec 17, 11:55 AM
    • 5th Dec 17, 11:55 AM
    I assumed that the OP had mistyped the name of the online retailer, surely no one would name their business using a name that had such a negative connotation, but apparently they have.

https://www.sweatshop.com/

Post on their Twitter feed, it might spur them to make a better offer.

https://twitter.com/sweatshoponline
    Last edited by TadleyBaggie; 05-12-2017 at 11:58 AM.
    • ThumbRemote
    • By ThumbRemote 5th Dec 17, 12:14 PM
    • 3,811 Posts
    • 4,844 Thanks
    ThumbRemote
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:14 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 12:14 PM
    Returning them is not an option as I already had to wait for the exchange and needed them for a specific date

What can I do?
    Originally posted by miasuqu
    Why is returning them not an option? It sounds like you've used them yourself now, in which case presumably you weren't that fussy about the condition they were received in.

Had you not worn them, your consumer rights would have been to return them for a full refund. If you've now worn them yourself you've accepted them so don't have any legal rights any more.

You can ask if they'll give you a larger discount, but it sounds like they don't actually have to give you anything.
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 5th Dec 17, 10:44 PM
    • 1,048 Posts
    • 728 Thanks
    Manxman in exile
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:44 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:44 PM
    I assumed that the OP had mistyped the name of the online retailer, surely no one would name their business using a name that had such a negative connotation, but apparently they have.

https://www.sweatshop.com/

Post on their Twitter feed, it might spur them to make a better offer.

https://twitter.com/sweatshoponline
    Originally posted by TadleyBaggie

I think the store founded by Chris Braysher pre-dates any negative connotations of the phrase "sweat shop". Unfortunately, it may not be as good as it was in his day...

Edit - I get my running shoes from StartFitness in Newcastle - they're good...
    Last edited by Manxman in exile; 05-12-2017 at 10:46 PM. Reason: add
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,474Posts Today

6,157Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin