Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 5th Dec 17, 10:03 AM
    • 510Posts
    • 155Thanks
    Mchambers
    Applied for Birm Midshire 1.45% Internet Account
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:03 AM
    Applied for Birm Midshire 1.45% Internet Account 5th Dec 17 at 10:03 AM
    Nice and easy.
Page 2
    • badger09
    • By badger09 7th Dec 17, 12:54 PM
    • 5,596 Posts
    • 4,908 Thanks
    badger09
    I hope everybody's applications get sorted eventually...

The 1.45% has just been pulled.

It now pays tiered rates of interest - 0.2% AER variable on amounts under £1,000, 0.55% AER variable on £1,000 - £25,000 and 0.9% AER variable if you've £25,000+.

The new rates DO NOT apply to the 1.45% variable if you already have it and it remains at 1.45%.
    Originally posted by clivep
    Thanks, I guess they were probably inundated but those new rates

It still appears on the website and allows you to initiate the application process (which it wasn't doing for a while last weekend).
    Originally posted by EachPenny
    Not now it doesn't.
    I'm a supporter of dunstonh
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 7th Dec 17, 4:04 PM
    • 3,910 Posts
    • 38,022 Thanks
    Katiehound
    One more step down the road....letter arrived today requesting cheque and no need for further documentation to prove who I am. I should think not seeing BH is owned by BoS and my linked a/c is also BoS!
    Plan to get the cheque in the post tomorrow, so there will the w/e delay for starters!!
    and then seemingly I am going to be waiting to actually get into the a/c...

Just realised I have actually been in the right place at the right time, for once! (as far as interest rates are concerned)
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!

If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Thank You
    • eschaton
    • By eschaton 7th Dec 17, 5:25 PM
    • 1,580 Posts
    • 1,282 Thanks
    eschaton
    One more step down the road....letter arrived today requesting cheque and no need for further documentation to prove who I am. I should think not seeing BH is owned by BoS and my linked a/c is also BoS!
    Plan to get the cheque in the post tomorrow, so there will the w/e delay for starters!!
    and then seemingly I am going to be waiting to actually get into the a/c...

Just realised I have actually been in the right place at the right time, for once! (as far as interest rates are concerned)
    Originally posted by Katiehound
    I got the letter on day 8, returned day 9. Account active day 28. No further documentation required either.
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 7th Dec 17, 5:56 PM
    • 2,122 Posts
    • 1,402 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    Thanks. I will complain in a few weeks and get £50.
    Originally posted by Mchambers
    Two posts in and no sign of you complaining and I was worried your MSE account had been hacked!!!!!
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 7th Dec 17, 6:14 PM
    • 510 Posts
    • 155 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Two posts in and no sign of you complaining and I was worried your MSE account had been hacked!!!!!
    Originally posted by veryintrigued
    I am sure there will be plenty of opportunity to complain from previous posts, Nice and easy for £50.
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 7th Dec 17, 7:34 PM
    • 2,122 Posts
    • 1,402 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    I am sure there will be plenty of opportunity to complain from previous posts, Nice and easy for £50.
    I hope your user name isn't a derivation of your real name?

I guess it cant be as no-one would be daft enough to use one that is (and behave in this odd manner) for fear of identification of their behaviour on here and that institution taking umbridge and them starting account closures.
    Last edited by veryintrigued; 07-12-2017 at 7:51 PM.
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 13th Dec 17, 4:53 PM
    • 510 Posts
    • 155 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Received letter today confirming my account number. Sent back a cheque with my opening balance.

Now the fun should start.
    • eschaton
    • By eschaton 13th Dec 17, 5:17 PM
    • 1,580 Posts
    • 1,282 Thanks
    eschaton
    Received letter today confirming my account number. Sent back a cheque with my opening balance.

Now the fun should start.

That's the fast bit out of the way
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,858Posts Today

8,567Users online

Martin's Twitter