Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fluke13
    • By fluke13 5th Dec 17, 8:26 AM
    • 82Posts
    • 10Thanks
    fluke13
    PIP review
    • 5th Dec 17, 8:26 AM
    PIP review 5th Dec 17 at 8:26 AM
    Had the PIP review form. Things have changed in regard to mobility. I have emphysema,mild asthma and copd. i now have constant discomfort in the chest/ torso region due to over stretching muscles when coughing/breathing. Is it worth putting this down as a change? i can walk more that the lowest limit of 20 metres but i am always in discomfort/pain.
Page 1
    • paragon909
    • By paragon909 5th Dec 17, 8:37 AM
    • 1,281 Posts
    • 1,292 Thanks
    paragon909
    • 5th Dec 17, 8:37 AM
    • 5th Dec 17, 8:37 AM
    Had the PIP review form. Things have changed in regard to mobility. I have emphysema,mild asthma and copd. i now have constant discomfort in the chest/ torso region due to over stretching muscles when coughing/breathing. Is it worth putting this down as a change? i can walk more that the lowest limit of 20 metres but i am always in discomfort/pain.
    Originally posted by fluke13
    Isn't that the point of a PIP review to make sure you can give DWP the chance to assess any new ailments or worsening ones. Anything that effects your health and day to day tasks, You list it.
    • pmlindyloo
    • By pmlindyloo 22nd Dec 17, 12:48 PM
    • 11,137 Posts
    • 13,055 Thanks
    pmlindyloo
    • 22nd Dec 17, 12:48 PM
    • 22nd Dec 17, 12:48 PM
    Hi. The person I care for has just recently been through the review process for the first time after being awarded the higher rate for both components of PIP 2 years ago. His medical condition has deteriorated significantly and we were hopeful he would not require a face to face assessment but he had a home visit. When we filled in the form we ticked that everything was much harder for him and described how. We were terrified after hearing the experience of some poor souls that his award would be reduced or stopped completely but two weeks after the face to face he was informed he would be kept on the higher rate f both. So detailing that his condition had changed did not work against him. Remember to always state how you feel on your worst day. If you want to ask any more questions please don't hesitate.
    Originally posted by KBelle74
    You really shouldn't be doing this.

PIP works on the reliability criteria and having conditions that occur more than 50% of the time.

You should be detailing how often you feel breathless (for example) - every day/once a week/etc etc
    • KBelle74
    • By KBelle74 22nd Dec 17, 12:53 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    KBelle74
    • 22nd Dec 17, 12:53 PM
    • 22nd Dec 17, 12:53 PM
    Sorry. Didn't realise that.
    • pmlindyloo
    • By pmlindyloo 22nd Dec 17, 1:02 PM
    • 11,137 Posts
    • 13,055 Thanks
    pmlindyloo
    • 22nd Dec 17, 1:02 PM
    • 22nd Dec 17, 1:02 PM
    Sorry. Didn't realise that.
    Originally posted by KBelle74
    No need to apologise. Fact is that claimants often give their worst day scenario which is why medical evidence is asked for to assess whether the condition is constant or fluctuating.

All a bit of a nightmare, to be honest!
    • KBelle74
    • By KBelle74 22nd Dec 17, 1:12 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    KBelle74
    • 22nd Dec 17, 1:12 PM
    • 22nd Dec 17, 1:12 PM
    Thanks. Just assumed everybody was experiencing their symptoms for the majority of the time. One of the most stressful experiences of his life. All of this when awaiting a transplant!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

25Posts Today

3,752Users online

Martin's Twitter