Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 5th Dec 17, 6:12 AM
    • 2,899Posts
    • 39,371Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Tuesday 5 December 2017
    • 5th Dec 17, 6:12 AM
    O/S Daily Tuesday 5 December 2017 5th Dec 17 at 6:12 AM
    O/S Daily Tuesday 5 December 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Still dark here, cold but no frost.

DH up and gone to work, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was smoked sausage and mushroom pasta with creme fraiche, menfolk had a breaded chicken portion with theirs, tonight will be gammon, egg, chips and peas, jacket potato for me.

Yesterday work was a busy one, hoping today is the same as the day flew past yesterday.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 05-12-2017 at 6:18 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 2
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 5th Dec 17, 2:46 PM
    • 10,036 Posts
    • 107,820 Thanks
    LameWolf
    I am officially cross.

The pc was collected for repair (under guarantee) on 22nd November, as the cooling system was acting up and making very strange - and loud - noises. By yesterday, we'd still heard nothing, despite Mr LW emailing to ask about progress, so yesterday he rang the company.

They said the lines to the service dept were all busy, but someone would ring back.

No-one did.

He rang them again today; and, long story short, they have damaged the motherboard taking the processor to pieces to inspect it.

So they now have to *try* to get a replacement motherboard from the manufacturers.

So it's going to be at least another week.

I've decided I'm going to have to set up the new printer to work with the laptop, as I need to print some things, and I really can't wait all that time to do them.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 5th Dec 17, 3:19 PM
    • 460 Posts
    • 5,662 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Afternoon all.
    Just got back from a cleaning session at dads, I was just hoping that he would be amiable, as he has been for a few days, I was in luck. However he wasn't up to helping me today, he tries his best to help, but I can get on better and quicker on my own . But he had to feed me a custard tart and now I feel sick, so medication taken and only a small tea for me . Anyway Mr Fix It dropped me off this morning and went to check on our caravan, everything ok there.
    Heard from our friends that the news from the breast cancer op isn't the best. Like Mr Fix It, the cancer has spread into the lymph node system and no one knows where it will appear next . Our friend has apparently been offered a new type of treatment, but it's a lottery whether she will be picked, so it's a bit of wait and see.
    Jasper pups poorly tummy seems to have passed over too, but as he's a "hoover" goodness knows what he'd eaten ! Probably a Xmas decoration off the tree .
    Right I'm off to jump in the bath as I feel dusty. Didn't have the best of nights sleep so I'm going to relax and then have an early night.
    HollyH and Cranky I hope your legs improve soon
    TA sending healing hugs
    Csarina have you tried barley water ? Hope that the UTI clears up asap.
    LW I'd be very too.
    Thanks also to NMLC and Tru
    Hope everyone enjoys the rest of Tuesday.
    • Judi
    • By Judi 5th Dec 17, 3:34 PM
    • 15,463 Posts
    • 63,863 Thanks
    Judi
    Just had my dressing changed at the doctors and the nurse poured some manuka honey stuff on my leg as well as the honey dressing (the honey dressing goes under the other "keep everything in" dressing). She said some people don't like the honey stuff because it stings. Stings......it currently feels like it's burning it's way through my leg and it's going to make re-entry the other side. This had better work, whinge, whine, moan and all that...
    Originally posted by CRANKY40
    You wouldnt have thought of it of honey would you?
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • ancientofdays
    • By ancientofdays 5th Dec 17, 4:20 PM
    • 1,289 Posts
    • 14,600 Thanks
    ancientofdays
    Hello, am back from shopping, I got the items I went out for plus my secret santa for work.
    Am now yawning for Britain, which is ridiculous.
    The West Midlands area is now full of groups of people in Christmas hats, think they must have been out for lunch parties.
    I take the point about ultimatum, nothing I have not thought of but I might as well bang my head on the wall.

Speky in some areas they are called crumpets. Their proper name is pikelets though
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
    • meanmarie
    • By meanmarie 5th Dec 17, 8:09 PM
    • 4,933 Posts
    • 47,663 Thanks
    meanmarie
    Get well soon to all with health problems of any kind, hugs to all.

Cold and damp here, allegedly we are to have snow later in the week.....hopefully not, I hate snow!

My turn to cook dinner tonight so we had baked potatoes, baked parsnips, baked hake, steamed mange tout and bok choi.....really nice.

DD1 organised fairy lights all over the house last night, DGD7 is fascinated by them and is showing them to everybody when they come in.

Did a big shop today, now have enough butter, milk, sugar, toothpaste, toilet rolls to keep us going until the New Year.

Stay safe whatever the weather throws at us all

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

1,340Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin